Missing shipping form in theme

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm new to shopify and have an issue with a purchased theme - The checkout area only has a billing section, no shipping form. I deselected the default "shipping same as billing" option in settings which didn't resolve the issue. I'm now reaching out to support to see if this is an issue on their end.

This is really frustrating as shipping information should be essential information in checkout and their demo didn't even show the checkout page but has really high reviews, which is why I proceeded with the purchase.

Has anyone else had an experience like this and know of ways to resolve without admin support? Also will the theme developer fix this without an additional charge?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
481 41 106

Hi, @kohlet!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Because the online checkout is a built-in Shopify function, it's unlikely that this would be an issue specifically related to your theme. Instead, if the shipping section is missing from the checkout, this would typically indicate that your products do not require shipping. Have you confirmed if this is the case? 

You can find out by heading into any product from within your Shopify admin. In the product editor, you'll just want to scroll down to the Shipping section, where you'll see an option that says, "This is a physical product". If this isn't selected, then your customers will not see a shipping option in the checkout. This is because Shopify would consider it a digital product or service, rather than a physical product that requires shipping.

If this isn't the issue, then I would suggest double checking that your cart meets the minimum requirements for the shipping rates you setup. For example, you could have a rate that offers free shipping on orders over $100, but if no rate for orders that are $0-$99 exists, then there would be no shipping option for orders under $100. In this case, the cart wouldn't meet the requirement and no rates would appear at checkout. 

Once you've had a chance to review your product details as well as your shipping rates, please let me know what you find. If the option is still missing, feel free to share a link to your store and I'd be happy to test out the checkout here on my end. 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0
Hi Julie,

Thanks for helping. "This is a physical product" was the reasoning for the
shipping form not showing, but now the billing form no longer shows. Is
there another setting to have both the billing form AND shipping form
available to customers during checkout?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
481 41 106

Thanks for following up and letting me know! I'm glad the shipping problem is now resolved. 

Is the product free or is there a price associated with it? As long as your product has a cost, you should see a Payment page in the checkout where customers can enter their billing information. This page is immediately after the Shipping stage. 

Do you mind sharing a link to your store? I'd be happy to take a look at the checkout here on my end. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes