Mobile facebook app product pages show variant info that doesn't exist

Highlighted
1 0 3

When our "shop" option is viewed on Facebook in the mobile app, on each individual product that do not have any variants the page is showing the following at the end of the description:

Color - Null

Pattern - Null

Size - Null

Any products with variants will show that variant info (such as color) but the other two options remain "null". This happens on both the iOS and Android Facebook apps, but not on mobile browser Facebook.

Is there a way to fix this, or at least remove the variant info from Facebook all together?

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Hello,

I know this is an old question but in the of chance that someone else comes across it, here is how I "fixed" it.

I had the same issue. I couldn't find a way to remove it but instead I edited the product variants on Shopify.

At least it won't say null. The pain is that you must edit every product one by one.

Where it says "More options" in the variants you can add a variant and call it Pattern. Make sure you add the 3 that show on Facebook: Colour, Pattern and Size. Then fill in the details.

Also, not sure if you were able to load all your products. I wasn't but figured out that if I classified them all as Gifts and lifestyle they would be published. Go figure :)

I hope it helps!Shopify.png

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 4

Hi Shopify, we are really interested on know how we can hide those variants shown ' Colour: null - Pattern: null - Size: null'

It makes look the Facebook product card really poor and cheap, and it was shown as soon as updated and connect to a Shopify... not happy about it to be honest. Please anyone can have another solution that doesn't mean change product by product? Thanks!

4 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue.

Also the Shopify site sells fabric by the meter, there's no way to edit quantity.

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 12.36.36.png

It's also not showing the product at the correct price. The price is actually £31.20 at the time of writing:

https://causewayfabrics.com/collections/25-50/products/labyrinth-mineral-fabric-by-clarke-clarke-exo...

Many Thanks

0 Likes