Money still being taken from my bank account

Damian19
Visitor
1 0 0

After not having enough money to run a shopify account and giving up from making no money shopify somehow still charges money every month or so and it’s causing problems in my house because it’s not my card who’s money it’s taking out. I’ve tried to take it off numerous times it’s taken nearly $500 out of the account and I’m not happy I’ve tried to close store and everything but I no longer have a laptop to do so. I’ve tried on my phone but it never wants to work. I find out it didn’t work the hard way every month and I’m sick of it and wondering if shopify can look Into this and help me get my money back to my accounts. It was doing this with Facebook ads but I managed to sort that out. It shouldn’t have to take cancelling a card to stop shopify from taking money out of people who needs their moneys account.

Replies 4 (4)

Bo
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1793 196 467

Hey there, @Damian19 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I am sorry to hear that you have had such issues trying to close your account. The only reason that it would not be possible to close your account would be due to outstanding charges. When a merchant closes their store they are invoiced for these charges (app charges, shipping labels, transaction fees) to clear the account and allow it to close. If there are insufficient funds to close the account it will not be possible to close it and the store will remain open. It sounds as though you were invoiced recently so it should not be an issue to close your account now. 

Mobile App Steps:

To confirm that your store is closed, you can go to your store's URL and see that your store no longer appears.

While we will be unable to provide a refund for more than one month, I will be able to look into refunding your most recent invoice. I will reach out to you directly via email, once you have successfully closed your account get back to me so that I can issue this refund. 

All the Best,

Bo

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Wayne666
Visitor
2 0 2

Hey Bo, my account is fully closed and you continue to charge. I can’t do what you have said because my account is closed. Why do I continue to get bills. Shopify is a scam

geislerf
Visitor
1 0 0

Indeed sometimes the banks take the money from the bank account to use the opportunity cost an increase their profits in a shorter period of time, but we do not have to forget about the incorporating phenomenon where the firms sell small amounts of very rare products since their value is bigger,the same procedure could be related to the money, the less money are circulating on the market, the higher their value is,so the banks aim to do t so that they could control the inflation, and at the same time make profit, however this is illegal,that is why that situation happens very rare. Personally, I have never faced that situation before

Wayne666
Visitor
2 0 2

Hi Damian, 

yes I had no invoices at all closed my account and they continue to charge me. Now I can’t even get help because I have no account and you need to be a member for help. They are a scamming organisation that continue to charge.