Monthly billing date question

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

I use Shopify for a couple of years now. I noticed, that the billing date changes each month towards one direction - each month it goes south. When I started I was being charged every 30th. Once in a couple of months it went south to 29, then to 28. Today they went past breaking point and charged me monthly billing on 19th.

I'm aware of 30 days billing cycle, however, it does not explain the issue. I sell on other platforms too, and there's nowhere such a conduct about billing date - everywhere you can predict and plan when you will be charged. 

Anybody else noticed it?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 85 122

Hi, @abagrizzli,

Hank here from Shopify. 

This is a question that comes up quite often, about the billing cycle of your Shopify store. It is as you mentioned, a 30-day billing cycle as standard, which results in the billing date being on a different day each month as not all months have 30 days.

21-37-6bvy6-d7au8

Another option you have is to change your billing cycle by upgrading your plan. As you see in the above you can change this to an annual, biennial, or triennial billing cycle where the charge will occur on the date that the original payment was made.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Hank

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes