More than three Option in Shopify store

One of our shopify client sells bathtub products. Most of the bathtub products have more than 3 options

We know that using shopify app, we can list as much as options in the store

Question is Does the default shopify store has the feature to list more than 3 option in a store?

Please advise

Intellect Outsource is a complete ecommerce service provider has more than 10 years of experience helping online stores worldwide, with bulk eCommerce product data entry, bulk product upload, Bulk image uploading, Product image processing, back office support, order processing & Inventory Management, etc.

We offer shopify Data Entry & product import services with high quality. We keep special team for shopify online store data management projects to make 100% successful output for our clients small or big catalog projects.
0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3790 361 747

Hi there, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Good question. It is only possible for a product in Shopify to have 3 variant options natively. As you mentioned also, to have more than 3 variant options for a product you would need the help of a third party app from the Shopify app store. Shopify has a very helpful guide going through all of this in detail which you can find here

Cheers, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Thanks Nick. Very helpful to us

Does shopify provide bundle and grouped products apps too? Please explain

And one of our client would like to list accessories products in the already listed products. Any solution

Intellect Outsource is a complete ecommerce service provider has more than 10 years of experience helping online stores worldwide, with bulk eCommerce product data entry, bulk product upload, Bulk image uploading, Product image processing, back office support, order processing & Inventory Management, etc.

We offer shopify Data Entry & product import services with high quality. We keep special team for shopify online store data management projects to make 100% successful output for our clients small or big catalog projects.
0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3790 361 747

Hi there, 

Great to hear the information above was useful. Regarding your new question. There are some product bundle apps in the Shopify App store which you might find can work for you here. Let's look at them below:

Hopefully one of the apps above does what you need it to do. 

Can you explain a little further what you mean by "would like to list accessories products in the already listed products." I'm not sure exactly what you mean here. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

0 Likes

Hi Nick,

When we tried to install "Infinite Options app" for listing adding more than three option for a prduct, please review answer from one of shopify officer

"The Infinite Options app is ok, but it will only create options on the product."What this means is that these aren't separate varients within Shopify and therefore the prices and individual stock levels of the configurations can't be adjusted. The best solution I could offer would be an alternative app called Product Options by Bold this still has the same restriction in terms of the stock levels, but it does allow you to charge more dependant on the options selected."

If we use Product Options by Bold app, can we bulk import more more than 3 product options for a product?

or 

Should we create options manuvally in the app and map into the proudct? Please advise

Awaiting your reply

0 Likes

Awaiting your help

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3790 361 747

Hi Intellect Outsource, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. 

I looked into this for you and saw that you can have more than three options should you wish, but they can also be dynamic. For example, you can have tick boxes, radio buttons, and file uploads. You can see exactly how diverse the app is from the video on the app page here and you can see the app itself with all of its options here

Regarding whether you should import or create the options manually, from what I see it would probably be best to do it manually within the app, I'm not entirely sure you could even import options in, but that might be a good question for the Bold team specifically (support@boldapps.zendesk.com). Personally, though, I would do it manually as some of the options are so customized and could require specific attention. 

I hope that helps and answers your question. Don't hesitate to reach out again should you have any others. 

All the best, Nick

0 Likes

Thanks Nick. If we process manually, this is very time consuming

Why Shopify not wide their option arrangment 3 to 6

Because most of the furniture, bath tup type of product has more than 3 options and accesfories

Shopify default import is the fine solution to upload product very friendly into store. Once we try with new app, we does not feel much not confirtable with app and clients really diffappointed.

Ok. Thanks for your support. If any new easist technology launched by shopify regarding this subject, please us know. Thanks

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3790 361 747

Hi Intellect Outsource, 

Thank you for your feedback and suggestion here regarding increasing the option arrangement. I will be sure to pass this along to the team for future consideration. on your behalf. I can see how it would benefit and impact your store/ business. I can understand your reservations working with a third party such as app developer but I can say the BOLD team is very good and reliable in terms of this app. 

Thanks again for getting back and letting me know. 

All the best, Nick

mashkovtsev
Shopify Partner
12 0 7

Hi Nick. I totally agree with 

Two years have passed since this post publication, but there're still only three options available natively in Shopify. We're using Shopify API a lot in our store and it's imposible for us to add more than three options using API... Reduces our performance a lot.

I hope it will be fixed. Thanks.