Move ALL inventory to new location at once

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi //

I'm trying to move ALL products and stock to new location at once. In the transfer section, I can select all the product and then it says I can't transfer without number values. THere seems to be no way to select ALL inventory and move toa  new location. I can't go one by one as I'd have to cross-reference each line.

Help, I must be missing something!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
54 10 47

Hey Kerry.

I could offer you to use https://excelify.io/ app. With it you would be able to export all your products to Excel file where you could see all your current product quantities in each location and edit how many products you wish to be where. Then just import this file again with Excelify and done. :) If you have more questions about this feel free to contact us - https://excelify.io/contact-us/

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update with Excel | https://apps.shopify.com/excel-export-import | https://excelify.io
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3395 252 612

Hi Kerry, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Thank you for sharing the screenshot, it helps to figure out what could be the problem. I had our higher level technical support team look into this for you and they mentioned it looks like you are trying to use transfers to move inventory between locations, which is something that isn't supported. Can you confirm if that's what you're trying to do and we can take it from there and find a possible solution which works if this is what you've been trying already?

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I need all inventory moved to another location....  I am dropshipping inventory from the warehouse and not from the office location..... when setting up the store, it was the office location

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3395 252 612

Hi Zecharia, 

Is this something you are looking to do or have you tried it and something's not quite working? If you could elaborate with some more details on what you're looking for that would be great. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

@Nick I am trying to do the same thing. I am closing one of my locations and just need to move all the current quantities at that location to a different location. This seems like an obvious thing to be able to do. Choose a Product/Variant and assign all of its current inventory to the new location. It looks like the only current capability is to select each product individually and assign a specific quantity to a different location. Basically if you want to delete a location you have to go line by line to assign a product quantity to a different location. Which can be a huge headache and complete waste of time. 

Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3395 252 612

Hi @LarryD-13,

I'm wondering if changing the inventory quantities for your locations might be a good workaround for you here. It's not exactly moving the inventory directly from one location to another, but it is the closest method to achieve what you are looking to do right now. You can see the steps for how to do a bulk order for locations below:

1. Go to Products.

2. Select a product with variants that you want to edit the inventory quantities for.

3. In the Variants section, click Edit variants > Open bulk editor.

4. Change the values in the rows and columns by clicking in a cell:

• Inventory managed by - Select whether Shopify or an app manages the inventory.
    • Available at - For each location, adjust the inventory quantities. You can specify Stocked or Not stocked, depending whether Track quantity is checked.
    • Track quantity - If checked, you can change the quantities. If unchecked, the inventory isn't tracked, and the values will only be Stocked or Not stocked.
  5. Click Save.

Shopify also made a YouTube tutorial going through all the steps for how to do this which you can see below:

Hopefully, this helps!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 0 8

Hi @Kerry_Shaw 

Another way to do this is to sync and manage your inventory from Airtable. Check out our guide on how to manage and track Shopify inventory .

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

I've had this same issue and escalated the ticket (13585469 ) back in July of 2019.  The feature is still not available and leaves a lot of room for error in the bulk editor.  Recently we've been having issues with the bulk editor not actually saving to the server even though the screen dialog says all products are saved.  The feature of moving all products between locations (in my case when we do a pop-up or festival) would be a huge help, in particular when we'd like to be in compliance with local jurisdiction's sales taxes.

I don't want another 3rd party app that should be handled internally by an inventory management software provider.  Obviously 2 issues listed above, a feature enhancement and a current feature (bulk editor) having issues.

Highlighted

Hi there, 

I recently did this for a client of mine. What I did was:

1. Set up the new location under Settings > Locations

2. Set the new location as the default.

3. Deactivate the old location.

4. Then a pop up should appear that asks where you want the items that are in-stock or unfulfilled to go (or who will inherit the items). 

Select the new location and then this should deactivate your old location and move the items across to the new location. 

If you need to keep both locations open, another way to move the items is to create a product transfer between the store locations (under Products > Transfers). You will have to individually select each item from the list - similar to selecting products for a discount. It does take a bit longer, but it's better than updating items and stock numbers under the Inventory tab. 

Hope this helps :)

Michelle