Move product description below price but above variants and add to cart button.

Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm trying to figure out how to move the product description up from below the add to cart button to below the price and above the variants. I'm using the Minimal theme but haven't been able to find a way to achieve this in the theme settings. I assume I need to move some lines around in the product-template.liquid folder. It looks like product description is around line 220-240 and I would need to move it to above line 190. I'm not sure on how to go about that without causing problems, though. The website is www.morningbymorningcoffee.com. Also, the website is definitely not completed yet so please don't judge. Thanks for the help!

Edit: The website currently needs a password to access. The password is 1a2b3c

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1689 207 339

Hey Beth,

You are on the right track. Make sure you create a copy of your currently live theme. Then just cut the piece of code in the screenshot - https://ibb.co/1TBgQBY - and move it to where the arrow points. I'd suggest you go by the content similarity rather than specific line numbers. Hope that helps!

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Sergiu,

I've just moved the lines you suggested and everything works perfectly and looks great. Thank you so much for your help!

Beth

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I did them the same thing but then wanted to add the price in again below the product so the customer could see it as they choose variants. I did that but when I preview it, the price at the top changes with variants but the one I put in at the bottom doesn't. Would appreciate some help with this. Thanks

@Visely-Team wrote:

Hey Beth,

You are on the right track. Make sure you create a copy of your currently live theme. Then just cut the piece of code in the screenshot - https://ibb.co/1TBgQBY - and move it to where the arrow points. I'd suggest you go by the content similarity rather than specific line numbers. Hope that helps!

0 Likes