Hi! I have my e-Commerce store on Magento "Scotland Kilt", now I want to switch my store from Magento to Shopify. It's very difficult for me to understand that how to do and what to do. It's first time for me, so I need help for performing these steps for preventing all types of bugs.
It's probably easier than you think.
Here's the approach we take:
1) Build the new Shopify site. You'll get a separate server (your-store.myshopify.com) that you can use while building the store and doing testing.
2) Import your existing data (products, customers, etc).
3) Make sure URL redirects are set up to prevent any broken links.
4) (if you've had your site SEO optimized) Check the SEO in key areas (like title tags and alt attributes) on the new site and optimize accordingly.
5) Install any apps and systems.
6) Test thoroughly.
7) Update your domain to point to the new server, so the new server now becomes your live site.
Here's a blog post highlighting a migration we did from Wix to Shopify: https://speedboostr.com/project-migrate-to-shopify.
If you're going to handle this yourself, here's a guide to help setup a Shopify store: https://speedboostr.com/shopify-setup-guide.
If you prefer to have Shopify developers handle the site build + migration, feel free to reach out to my team at speedboostr.com/contact.
Hope this blog will help you https://www.mswebdesigner.com/blogs/ecommerce-knowledge-center/magento-to-shopify-migration-a-quick-...