Moving from Wix to Shopify

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello I have a Wix website and want to move to Shopify.. wanting to keep same look and layout as wix account does anyone know how to transfer this over?  Thank you so much!! Link to website www.beautifuljunque.com

Alicia

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
710 53 159

I think your best bet would be:

1) Check the Shopify theme store to find a similar structure / layout.

2) Customize the theme, upload your design assets, and alter the layouts as necessary with CSS.

Alternatively, you could hire a web design agency to recreate the look of your current site.

I think the most budget way would be starting with a Shopify theme, edit what you can, then hire what you can't. I think the easiest way is to hire a web design agency to handle the transition for you.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
366 36 101

Hi Alicia,

It's great to hear that you're considering Shopify as your next ecommerce platform and thank you for reaching out on this. In our help documentation we include some advice and guidance on what to consider when migrating from another platform to Shopify, so I'd recommend checking that out at some point.

I took a look at your Wix site and there's definitely plenty of features there you can recreate on Shopify, such as having your main menu run along the top and having a slideshow and information about your business on the homepage. Our platform uses themes to determine how your online store looks and feels, which are design templates you can customize to your own liking. As @JoesIdeas recommended above, I'd suggest checking out our Theme Store to see what sort of designs are available. There are demo stores for each theme so you can look at those to get a better idea of the design possibilities when using a Shopify theme.

Whilst the themes may be different, you are able to transfer over other data such as products and customers from Wix to Shopify using CSV imports. For products, for example, you can check out our guide on importing product CSVs to see how this would be done. We also have a guide for customer imports. This isn't a necessary step but is worth doing if you're wanting to bring over existing products and customers from Wix to your new Shopify store so you can still manage them after you've migrated over.

I hope this helps Alicia, and if you haven't done so already remember you can sign up for a free 14-day trial whenever you're ready to start building your Shopify store. You can also start a test trial if you want to just experience the platform first hand before beginning the migration over from Wix. We have a free course on the Shopify Academy you can check out which is a great introductory resource for those looking to get set up on our platform. Please feel free to reach out whenever you need help, we are here 24/7 to support you!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 0 6

Hi there,

To migrate themes from Wix to Shopify, I totally agree with Joe on the method. To migrate data from Wix to Shopify, using an automated service is the best way for you. You can migrate product, customer and order details easily within a few hours.

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Alicia, 

Cart2Cart automated migration service will be glad to help you during your Wix to Shopify migration path and perform your specific store data transfer not only with no data loss but also with no business interruption and end-user confusion.

Feel free to contact us and we'll do our best to bring you the highest service level we can.

Regards,

Cart2Cart Team

Join us on social media:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cart2Cart
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Cart2CartBlog
Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/cart2cart/
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
15 0 12

Hi @alicia 

Moving to from one hosted-cart to another is something quite easy these days. For your quest of wanting to keep same look and layout, you can simply check for similar themes on Shopify themes store.

Proceed to the migration plan, as a former user, I suggest you reach out for an automated migration service developed by LitExtension. Specifically the LitExtension to Wix Import which has recently became trending app on Shopify Apps Store. Choosing the tool you'll have all your data (eg. products, categories, customers, orders, etc.) migrated from Wix to Shopify within minutes, with high level of security and accuracy. Of course, the charges for using the tool is pretty favorable and flexible.

For more information about what else is included in this package, visit this siteGreat to know that they have free demo migration feature for you to try out. Their enthusiastic support team is always available, so feel free to contact them anytime you need!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! Will the reviews on each product also migrate? 

Thanks,

0 Likes