Moving to another country

Solved
christianvinuez
2 0 0

hi, i'm recently starting a new store, i'm based in venezuela but i plan to move to spain soon, i want to set my store's address to spain where my business partner is located currently (he has the bank account for receiving payments too) to be able to use shopify payments since that's not available here. my question is, will i get any trouble using my shopify account from a venezuelan IP address while i move there? should i just stop using it and tell him to manage all from there?

Also, will we need an actual business registered there? i'm curious if we're gonna be asked for any business documents so we can get going on that too to avoid any problems. or can we operate just as individuals?

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 21 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @christianvinuez!

This is Lana from Shopify.

If you work on your Spain-based Shopify store from a Venezuelan IP, you should not encounter any problems. You will be able to continue working on your Shopify store as you are now.

You did mention that you decided to move so that you can use Shopify Payments on your store. It is important to note that in order for you to be able to use the gateway, you must have proof of either a physical or business presence in Spain. This is because we may request documents to prove this, and if you are unable to provide them it can result in you not being able to continue using the gateway.

Regarding your other question - you can indeed operate as an individaul or sole trader on your account. This will still require some documents for proof of your presence in Spain as I mentioned earlier. For more information on the configuration of Shopify Payments, please visit our help doc on the topic here.

I also wanted to give you the steps on how to change your address just in case:

• Go to Settings > General.
  • Find the Store address section.
  • Make the changes you want and click Save.

Lastly, would you like to tell me a little bit more about your business? What kind of products do you sell, and how are you planning to market them - only in Spain or internationally? For all your marketing needs, I have some resources that will help you get started:

Let me know if you have any other questions at all and I will be happy to help.

Thanks! -Lana

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

christianvinuez
2 0 0

hey @Lana! that was super thorough and helpful, just about everything i needed to know. regarding my business i'm planning on dropshipping t shirts and advertise them through facebook ads, but i'm open to any kind of suggestion, thanks!!

0 Likes
Lana
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
181 21 16

I am glad I was able to answer all of your questions!

You mentioned that you're going to be dropshipping t-shirts (which is great by the way, very exciting!), so I wanted to ask if you have already decided which Print on Demand supplier you were going to use for this?
Just in case you're not sure, 'Print on Demand' is a service that allows you to sell your own designs on t-shirts, mugs, hats etc. and you only pay for the products that you actually sell rather than buying all stock straight away. Here are some apps that you can integrate with your Shopify account to do this:

All of the above are highly rated and loved by the community, but you can let me know if for any reason one of these does not suit and I will have a look for another option based on what you're looking for.
To get more familiar with how Print on Demand works and what you need to do to get started, I recommend you check out our Shopify Compass course on Building your Print on Demand Empire, which coincidentally also includes a section on Facebook marketing (since you mentioned that this is how you wanted to advertise). 

Hope you find this helpful and best of luck with your business! 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes