Multi Country Site

Highlighted
2 0 1

Does anyone have a solution to creating a shopify experience for 2 countries.  I have a business which operates in Singapore and Australia.  

The trouble is I need different pricing in each country (not just exchange rate adjusted) due to market expectations and manufacturing costs.  I also need the revenue filtered through to local financial institutions.

Do I need 2 shopify accounts attached to separate subdoamins (au.templecandles.com and sg.templecandles.com)?  How does that work?  Has anyone seen an example of this in action?

Thanks in advance.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
87 0 15

Hey, Stephen! 

Ana here, from the Shopify support team. :)

To answer your question, yes, you will need 2 separate Shopify accounts in order to sell with different prices for each currency/country, rather than just a different display price based on the exchange rate.

Some merchants can have one store and sell internationally if they are okay with one currency at checkout (this just means that the prices displayed on the storefront will be adjusted based on the current exchange rate), and if the amount transacted is going through the same payment gateway to the same account/bank. 

Since that's not the case here, you'll need 2 accounts for each of these countries. And yes, you can set each store up so that it's on its own subdomain. There are various ways to automatically redirect customers to the correct site based on their location, for example, by using an app such as Geolocation Redirect or GeoIP Country Redirect - you can also work with a developer to add some custom code to your site as well.

Here's a great blog post that goes over the considerations and steps required to set up multiple storefronts based on locations: How to Expand Your Shopify Store to Multiple Countries.

I pulled a few examples of stores with multiple storefronts based on different locations from the above blog post, so you can take a look: Quad Lock, Shhh Silk Pillowcases, and Cultiver.

Hope this helps! :)

Ana

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thats great advice Ana.  How do you recomend managing the primary domain vs the subdomain(s)?  So have the primary domain as one country and the subdomain as the other(s) or have all the common content on the primary domain and the shops on the subdomains???  Can that de done?

Thanks again,

Stephen

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

The right answer for this is using an app as Multicountry Pricing
https://apps.shopify.com/country-pricing-auto-switch?utm_campaign=installed&utm_content=contextual&u...

My challenge comprehends the admin aspect:

• I know we can manage multi stocks from Locations Tab (Settings>Locations)

• I know I can manage multiple pricing and currency with the app Multicountry Pricing

• What I don't know is how ca I manage visitor data, customer data, and so so I can get things separated and well organized.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
103 1 21

Quick Update :)

We are glad to inform you all that we have developed a fairly simple solution for this.

It's still on testing mode, so if anyone wants to have a look, please feel free to ask for access.

Overview:

• On product page, customers will be able to select their location through a dropdown / auto-detection.
  • If stock is available in their location, they will be able to Add to cart, otherwise it will show Out of stock.
  • Admin can set location based inventory in your Shopify back-office.

Please let me know about your thoughts

If you think we can improve on it, please feel free to let me know J

Cheers!

For FREE advice or projects, please email me directly on: hamza@xperteria.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

hi, yes, this is just what I need. How do i integrate it pls?

1 Like
1 0 1

Hey, I am interested in this solution, is this an app we can buy? any updates on work done on it so far?

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
103 1 21
Hi there,

Thanks for your interest :)
Yes we have completed the development and it's ready for use.

Pease feel free to drop me an email with your store name and I'll be happy to assist you:
Info@xperteria.com

Cheers,
Ham
For FREE advice or projects, please email me directly on: hamza@xperteria.com
0 Likes