Multi Language/Domain Store

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hi,

we're going to launch in multiple countries. I'm disappointed there is no real multi-lang solution on such a big platform as Shopify.

Ideal solution:

• One account/admin
  • Multiple langs loads on multiple domains (.com loads English, .es loads Spanish, etc.) => the most "natural" solution for customers
  • 100% traslation including checkout, emails, products
  • SEO friendly for each language
  • In my dreamland, it also offers multi currency (going too far here, am I?)

I compared few apps and none can do this. E.g. Langify supports multi-domains but cannot translate products at checkout or notifications.

Is my only solution to have multiple Shopify accounts for each domain/language? Switching admins, adding products separately, etc.?

During the Reunite presentation, there was a part about multi-domain solution with languages, is this something that could solve my pain? If yes, is it coming in 3 months or 3 years?

Many thanks!
Martin

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi there! Congrats on launching your business in multiple countries!

I agree for each individual markets, it's the best to have multiple domains, and you can set up one shop under each domain; each provides customers local languages, currencies in display and upon check out. For example, exampleshop.com, exampleshop.ca for US and Canada market. Unfortunately, you need to have multiple Shopify accounts, each account manages one domain. You may duplicate your site, and set with translated content and currencies accordingly. 

Regarding to multi-lang tools, I am not an expert on that and won't give you suggestions on specific tools. While among your multiple-shop setting across countries, you can auto direct your visitors to correct site based on their locations. It prevents visitors getting lost among your sites and simply leaving, and boosts customer conversion rates bringing local to customers immediately. For example, you can use Geo Targetly. With its Geo Redirect tool, it detects your visitors' locations based on IP and auto direct them to their local sites. You can set up redirecting rules within a few steps for targeted countries/regions, each associates with the corresponding URL link. If you visitors is in Australia, and he clicks exampleshop.com, it auto redirects him to exampleshop.au.

Hope it helps.

0 Likes