Multi-Region Store Set Up

Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 4

Hello,

I am currently based out from India and so is my registered proprietorship, bank account etc.

My store is www.bedlam.store

I am toying with the idea of partnering with an Australian contact and sell my products in Australia.

I have decided to opt for the Multi-Region Store option as listed here:

https://www.shopify.in/blog/shopify-store-multiple-countries

I have some technical questions and if anyone with a similar set can help, I will be grateful:

Can I operate the second store with my Indian bank account? I am planning to use Stripe or Google Pay, but I wasn't sure if I needed an Australian Bank Account? My Indian payment gateway does accept foreign transactions, however I would want something that The Aussies are familiar with to build the trust.  

I am also open to using ShopPay. But my bank account is Indian. Even though the second store will have AUD as the default currency. Can I activate it with and Indian bank account? ShopPay is not available in India currently. 

I will be paying my taxes in India. Do I need to register my company in Australia? My plan is to show it as export.

Can I export my paid theme to the second store? Or do I need to buy the theme again?

I will have an Australia specific collection but some inventory will be universal. However, prices on the India store and Australia store will be different. Idea is to land the Aussie client straight to the Aussie site. Is this possible?

Any help or observations will help.

Thank You

Tanya

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
17 0 4

anyone?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
145 2 9

Hello Tanya!

I don't know details about proper bank account setting for you 2nd store. But for your Indian and Australian store websites, ideally if you want to drive visitors to these two store sites accordingly based on locations, you may use Geo Targetly. It detects your visitors' locations by IP and auto directs them to correct URLs. With its Geo Redirect tool, you can easily set up redirecting rules and integrate the tool within a few steps. No code is necessary by yourself. The service will generate the Javascript code for you to add to your website. Shopify platform is perfectly supported. 

Hope it helps!

0 Likes