Multicurrency, Multilingual and regional IP locking

1 0 0

I've tried to google the answers to my question but results up to 6 years old are coming back so I am unsure what shopify can do in its most recent version, so a couple of questions if people can help me please.

1) I'd like different domains supplying different translations, so .fr would give a French version with the price in Euro. I would also like to not directly currency exchange via XE or similar the price from the base price but instead have different price tables per URL, different regions have different price models so a conversion would not help me. Can shopify handle this under one installation (multiple urls with different translations and price books for each)

2) Can shopify handle geoip targeted traffic, with the above example I would only like visitors from France to see the French website and not say visitors from Germany.

What I would like to do is have one master installation of shopify with the translations and price books for each URL inside that installation. The geoip script would make sure the customers see the correct website for their region. All would feed from one stock control unit, I am looking at using a product like stich to handle this. Alternatively, I could look at a few different installations of shopify but can you run those off one warehouse/stock list?

0 Likes
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi,

I'm interested in having exactly the same thing. My understanding is that unfortunately he only solution offered right now is to have multiple shops on subdomains, and use Stitch Labs to sync inventory between shops. Then you would need to direct your visitors to the correct subdomain at server level based.

I'd love to see if there is an alternate solution out there.

Best,

Vincent

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hi Tfx77, have you found out any solution for this issue? Have you switched to a different solution?

0 Likes