Multilanguage sitemap

Highlighted
Excursionist
41 0 10

Hallo.

I have setup my site with native multilanguage option from shopify installing an app which is needed.

I have translated my products blog etc.

I have seen that the languages have been automatically added and it was added also hreflang tag in meta section of my pages.

So. I am missing the urls  (i don't ask to be them translated what imo should be possible) but why aren't they in the sitemap?

I also tried to edit manually the sitemap output and upload it to my shop and send it to google but i cant get it work to be a valid xml format.

Somebody can give me a hint without adding apps.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Same question here - or is there no need for a multilanguage sitemap, as the /XX language version of the url gets automatically listed?

Any experiences here?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
41 0 10
I didn't find any answer to this right now. I also didn't register any crawl like movement on other language pages. Since I submitted manually the modified site maps something seemed to happen...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
41 0 10

I write here so ther can read also.

1. I opened my different Sitemaps in the browser and copied the content in a  texteditor like notepad (without formating)
  2. i edited all urls with the language tag
  3. uploaded it to my shopify files
  4. created a redirect from mydomain.com/my_sitemap.xml to the cdn.shopify.com/somwewhat url of the uploaded file
  5. than i added the mydomain.com/my_sitemap.xml to the search console sitemap entry
1 Like
Highlighted
7 0 0

nice trick, will try that

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Thanks Kub, applied the solution to our suspender site too!

0 Likes