Multiple Currency Problem

Highlighted
9 0 0
Someone in my fb group disabled their themes currency converter and used a
3rd party one which seemed to have work.

In your themes currency settings there might be a default currency field.
Remove anything that's in there and give that a go. Assuming you've not
done those already.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 0
Hi @Dani and Ken

My store base currency is CAD and I enabled the selling in multiple currencies through Shopify Payments on my debut them. I have no outside apps to manage currency only the Shopify Payments currency switcher.

However, I’d like the Shopify currency picker to default to USD because it’s ubiquitous internationally in comparison to CAD. How can I make this happen wihtout switching my store to USD?

Thanks
Neil
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
191 2 11

Hi there!

When you use a currency selector, it does display multiple currencies visually. While upon checkout, customers still have to pay in the default currency.

If you want to allow customers paying with their local currencies, it's better you run a multiple e-commerce stores to serve different domains. For example, exampleshop.com for US market, exampleshop.com.au for Australia market, and redirect your customers based on their locations. In this way, you could provide real multiple currency methods for checking out. You could also control price, shipping cost, stock differneces across countries.

Geo Targetly solutions can help achieve the goal. Its particular Geo Redirect tool can detect visitors' locations(by country/state/city) and auto direct your visitors to different URLs. For example, if there is a visitor from UK, and he goes to exampleshop.com, it will auto direct him to exampleshop.co.uk, where he can actually checking out with GBP.

Hope it helps! Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello I have this problem with the Turbo Shopify theme. I have USD currency by default and want to sell in UK. When its time to check out, its always bringing back the default currency. Is theres a real solution please? I don't want to create a store for each region market, thats non sense.

Thank you in advance for your help.

JessXav.

0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Shopify payments now accept multi currency checkout. Otherwise use a different payment gateway. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

Is that a statement? as it doesn't work for us...we have done everything they said to enable it but at checkout still reverts to default currency... surely this is not that hard.

0 Likes