Multiple Domains with different translation on one account

Highlighted
2 0 0

I want to have one website under multiple domains. The content will remain the same, but the difference will be in the translation of the page, and the domain ending.

For instance:

mysite.com will be the site in English

mysite.cn will be in Chinese

mysite.jp wil be Japanese

Can I do this under one shopify account? If so, can I have the page correctly translated based upon which domain they go to?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
78 20 22

Hi @aquariuscharms ,

Dani here from Shopify!

Thanks for writing in! This is possible to do with the Langify app using their Multiple domains feature. Langify has a great help doc here to enable this feature, but I will point out one thing to save you a headache as the admin looks a little different now! For step 1, it says to disable "redirect all traffic to this domain". You can find this now by going to Online Store > Domains and you will see a Disable redirection option below your primary domain:

This will allow the app to show a translated version of your website when the customer accesses the different domains associated with your store.

An alternative to the Langify app is to take advantage of our multi-store discount! This will allow you to have more control over how your website looks on each domain as each one will be associated with their own account. To be eligible, your mulitple stores must have the same branding, products, theme, Account Owner etc.

With the multi-store discount, your "Primary Store" would have to be on the Shopify plan or higher. The additional stores would be put on a custom plan - all the same features of the Primary Store but for the price of the plan tier below. So for example, your primary store would be on the Shopify ($79/month) plan, and your additional stores would be on a custom plan where you pay the price of the Basic ($29/month) plan with the features of the Shopify plan. You can compare the different plan features here. If you wish to go this route, you'll need to contact our live Customer Support team directly to apply this discount.

What languages and domains are you looking to offer your store in? You may be interested in our blog post about expanding your business globally!

Let me know if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes