Multiple Files Block By Robots TXT

adetechblog
1 0 0

I was just playing around my GWMT this afternoon and discovered than over 400 URLs were blocked by my robots.txt files and try checking my robots file but nothing was wrong, please is there any way to identify these URLs and unblocked them using the same robots.txt?

Robots txt block URL

I'm not a grammarian but I can easily communicate with English language
0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10360 158 2009

It's normal for the robots.txt file to block some urls. This comment may provide some insight.
You can not change the robots file.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2570 337 524

Hello!

As of today, June 21st, 2021, we have launched the ability to edit the robot.txt file to give merchants more control over the information that is crawled by search engines. You can learn more about how to edit your robot.txt file through our community post here

Due to the age of the topic, I will be locking this thread. If you have any questions about the new feature, please do not hesitate to create a new post under our "Techincal QA" board.

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes