Multiple Shopify Stores

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I want to create a 2nd Shopify store (goal will be to sell store in a coupel years).  Can I link to my existing account, or should I just set up a completely separate account for the new store?  Looking forward to feedback and thanks!

Debbie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

Hey Debbie,

Peter here from Shopify Support! :)

I'm thrilled to hear that you're looking to expand your business by opening up a secondary store. To dive into your questions, the short answer is that you'll need to create a second Shopify store. 

Currently, we're unable to merge Shopify accounts together. The reasoning for this is because it ensures that orders/reports/shipping and a variety of other aspects don't get mixed in together. Ultimately, it could be quite the disaster, so its best to keep store admins separate. 

With all that being said, I did want to ask if the second store would be the same brand/products and used for a different currency/language or was this a store for an entirely different product base? I ask because we do offer a multi-store discount, however, this can only be applied to stores that keep the same brand/products. 

If you wanted to follow up with your thoughts, and any other questions you have I'd be happy to help out! 

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
50 0 2

Congrats on growing your business! If you need help managing inventory across your multiple Shopify stores, or keeping track of data like orders, product data, customer data, etc., in your back-office accounting/ERP system, try giving eBridge Connections a shout.

www.ebridgeconnections.com

marketing@ebridgeconnections.com

www.wigsforpigs.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 2

Hi Peter,

Can you tell me a little more about the multiple store discounts if you sell the same products/brands. Where can I find out more about this? I have 2 stores that qualify for this but I already have accounts/stores for both of them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

Hey there!

We don't currently have a specific page that breaks this down, however, I'm happy to go over the details below!

Our multi-store discount was created for merchants who need additional stores that are set in a different language or currency than their primary store. This means that each additional store requires that the brand & products be identical to what is offered within the primary account. If a merchant meets the eligibility requirements for this discount then the discount would be as follows:

1. Store A (Primary account) would be on our $79 or $299 plan.
  2. Every store thereafter would be on our $29 plan and would reap all the features of the plan that store A is subscribed to. (Ie reports, lower credit card/transaction fees, etc)

If you feel that your stores would qualify for this discount and you'd like to start the process of getting this discount applied then feel free to reply back here and I can reach out directly to get the ball rolling!

All the best, 

Peter 
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Peter,

Your answer was very helpful. Could you confirm the prices and discounts are still valid?

I would like to provide extra info about my situation. I'm researching different platforms in order to decide where to create my store.

I need 2 stores, 1 in US and 1 in France that will ship across Europe. Each needs to have separated pages for wholesale (with proper user and password settings, etc.). I would like though to have 1 main domain for both stores (like a ".com" domain), so I can link it to my Instagram store account + take advantage of SEO within a single page. Then, based on the client location / ip, it should direct the client to the US or France store. The France store should have english and french languages to start (perhaps other languages in the future).

Can all of the above be accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Aline

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hello,

We are in the exact same position - we have 3 identical stores (products, theme are identical), only the language is different. Are we eligible for special pricing and if yes, where can we apply?

Thank you in advance.

Best,

Carsten 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Peter,

I would appreciate if you would reach out to use as well. We are forced to start multiple stores due to language and regulations, all stores sell the same product / brand. Could you please contact me?

Kind regards,

Steffan

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

Thanks for answering the question about multiple stores using Shopify. We are looking at doing the same with out current set up - two different stores on Shopify. It would be great to understand the discount/support that might be available in order to do so. The two stores will be selling a similar product range with one site focused on B2B and the other on B2C.

Thanks so much!

LotusEco

0 Likes