Multiple Stores That Route Back to Same Business Account

dhml
Tourist
4 0 13

We have an established LLC and recently created a store to sell one of our products. We are using a standard myshopify domain for this store. We are developing a brand new product that is completely different than what we currently sell, and we wanted to sell this product on a separate myshopify domain. Can we do this and still have everything linked back to our business, with all the revenue going into the same account? If so, is there a limit to the number of stores that a business can create a link together?

Reply 1 (1)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi @dhml.

Thank you for your message, I would be happy to offer you some further insight into your idea.

If I am understanding you correctly, you are hoping to create two separate Shopify stores, but have all payments for both accounts link back under one "myshopify.com" domain, is this correct? If so, you can most definitely attach the same business bank account to two separate Shopify stores. However, if you are hoping to link a separate store's sales information as well as payments under one account, this would not be possible. 

Your Shopify reports and Analytics are unique to each account so your total sales information and other reports would not reflect your separate store's information. So while you are able to link the same bank account for multiple stores, you would not be able to have the revenue information from separate stores feeding into a single account. One thing you could do is join both your products onto one store, which I'm sure you have thought of, however, I can see the reasoning in not doing this if your branding is different for both stores. 

I hope this clears this up for you, please do not hesitate to reach back out here with any questions or ideas you may have, we are always happy to chat! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.