Multiple discount at checkout

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 6
Unavailability of this feature creates real issues with my marketing and it seems like this thread is at least 6 month old, yet we don't have any resolution, not even an ETA.
Can this feature be prioritized?

I really hope
1 Like
1 0 1

Hi Peter

I would like to be able to offer an automatic discount Buy X and Get Y for FREE and also provide an additional fixed or percent off discount.

Currently, I'm not able to set it up as Shopify doesn't allow to add discount coupon if an automatic discount is applied. 

Please provide me a solution for this.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
703 37 99

@Inga042876 

Regretfully, I'm not able to provide an ETA on when this feature would be implemented into the platform; however; I can say that this specific request is being considered. Creating and adding new features can take some time as a variety of variables need to be considered. I would recommend keeping an eye on our Changelog as it's the most up to date place for any changes made to the platform. 

@SandeshPrasanna 

Sadly, I wouldn't be able to provide a native solution for this specific case due to the limitations of the platform and the discount area. You can look into using Upsell apps, which may help provide a more desired outcome while our teams look into getting this feature implemented. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 4

Please add me to the list requesting the ability to make one discount code do multiple discounts.  For instance.  I would like to create a discount code to give out (and for customers to have to enter at checkout) that allows for a percentage off of their order AND Free Shipping.  It seems almost unreasonable that thi isn't already an option as I am certain most people would want it.

2 Likes
Tourist
8 0 4

100% agreed.  Very much hurting my abilities in my business.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
703 37 99

@ShayMD 

I've added your vote! To provide some context, when reviewing whether a feature request is viable, we don't only look at the total number of votes. The type of stores, the geolocation, the specific use cases, and a variety of other factors play into what determines what features we should work towards. We also have to consider the impact this type of feature would have, both positive, and negative, and how do we mitigate the negative outcomes, while still providing the positives. For example, this type of feature if misused could cause financial damage to the store owner as stackable discounts allow customers to virtually "cheat" the system. 

I do hope that we'll be able to see this feature added in the near future as I know many store owners would be thrilled to utilize it. If you have more feedback to add or any questions, please let me know!

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 6
Peter
You wrote "stackable discounts allow customers to virtually "cheat" the system" That condition can only take place if shop owners do not have control over how their discounts are used. However if there is an indicator that allows shop owners to set coupon properties, like if discount is stackable, this becomes a non issue.

Speaking of impact, at least for my store not having an ability to create stackable discounts causes more severe impact than potential risk of abuse. For example, I know of at least 2 sales that I lost last week. I offer a coupon for free shipping for orders over $35, but don't want to make it automatic. Last week I ran a sale of 20% off, and two potential customers complained that they couldn't combine both offers with neither making a purchase even after I tried to mitigate it by offering to refund shipping. Who knows how many customers didn't even reach out to me and just abandoned their sessions?

So, not having this ability impacts both retailers and Shopify's bottom line.
1 Like
1 0 0

Please add me to the list - we are really struggling without this option.  Our store offers a Buy 4, Get 5th discount all the time and we would like to be able to give our customers an occasional x% off their total order, X% off specific items, etc in addition to the B4G5th.  

0 Likes
1 0 0

Add my vote to the list please! Stacked discounts would be very helpful!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
703 37 99

@Inga042876 

You're right. That definitely isn't a great situation to be placed in and I'm sorry to hear that the limitations have caused an impact on your business. The example I provided is only one of many areas of concern, however; we are actively reviewing each piece of feedback provided to us so we can work towards a solution. I've added your frustrations to the feature request to help our teams better understand how this is impacting businesses such as yours. 

@beamingsun & @kbeem500 

Thank you for expressing interest! I've added your votes to the feature request. 

1 Like