Multiple discount at checkout

Solved
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
839 46 141

Hi everyone,

I wanted to chime in again to let everyone know that your votes have been accounted for and added to the existing feature request. At this time, I do not have any further information to share, so I will be monitoring this topic only until there is more to share.

If we can avoid speculation, however, and remain on topic with valid use cases for why this feature is valuable, that would be great. Please note that aggressive, personal attacks or unrelated replies will be removed per our Community Guidelines.  

To recap, I know this feature is in high demand and with every vote, I continue to stress the urgency with our product teams; however, like any feature, it can take time to allocate resources needed to create, test and implement it. If an update is provided to me, all of you will be the first to know here on this thread. Thank you for your continued patience while we work towards improving our platform.

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

3 Likes
Tourist
9 0 3
Hello Peter

Thank you for keeping us updated and listening to use, because every company or individual who works from home wants to grow with Shopify.
0 Likes
1 0 1

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your support on this.  I too would like to add my vote to this feature.  It would really help our business as we have brand ambassadors who give a discount but many of our items have a quantity discount so it is an either/or situation.

Hopefully, you will be able to get some traction with this one.

Mark

1 Like
2 0 4

Hi Peter,

It's great to see that Shopify are taking notice of this request. I think that a brief overview of what we've tried to do might clarify the problem. We occasionally offer a promotional discount code and we also have an automatic wholesale discount. We've never had a customer try to apply both and even if they did I think either/or would be fine. The problem started for us when we wanted to introduce a loyalty program. These all seem to work by generating a discount code, based on points that a customer has earned from purchases (or at least all the apps within our budget, we didn't try anything over $50 per month). Shopify's discount limitation means that the customer can't use a promotional code (or automatic wholesale code) in addition to their loyalty discount (for example if they'd earned £1 off). There's worst to come...when setting up what to give as a reward, it makes sense to set 100 points = £1,   500 points= £5 etc. The problem with this is that if a customer has earned, say, 700 points they'll end up with 3 codes which have to be separately applied to 3 orders. In theory we could set up a reward of 700 points =£7 etc etc to get around this but it would generate an unwieldy number of options. 

We trialled several loyalty programs, in conjunction with several apps which were supposed to allow discount stacking and couldn't find any combination which worked. In all cases we contacted the developers to see if they could offer a solution and they all appear as frustrated by it as we are. Some other posts on this board have indicated that a solution can be found by  paying for an app, but we haven't found that to be the case. We thought long and hard before bothering with a loyalty program at all, since I'm sure that telling customers they can't use a code and loyalty points at the same time will annoy some people, and this is obviously counter-productive! For us, it means that our highest spending customers who always take advantage of the automatic wholesale discount will never be able to spend their loyalty points!

I hope that helps. Happy to clarify anything,

Kind regards,

Sharon

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 6

Spot on Sharon!

There's no app that actually solves this issue, it's just researched 'solutions' we've been given that don't actually work to solve our issue :D I've seen this happen multiple times with shopify support requests. "There's an app for that." It's quite tiresome going down the rabbit hole of adding apps to find out they don't even solve your issue or conflict with other parts of your store. Shopify is a great platform but the way customer support is handled sometimes or feature requests can really build up a lot of frustration.

It really doesn't help that this request has been added to the list but theres zero indication as to how far up the list it is. Will it be 2 months, 2 years, or 20 years until it's implemented? 

Shrug.

2 Likes
1 0 1

Hey Peter,

Thanks for being an advocate for us. I would like to add my name to the list of customers hoping coupon stacking becomes a reality.

Cheers.

Jack

1 Like
1 0 0

Hi, 

i can see that a lot of people are requesting for this feature, has this been implemented?

i have just done a quick test and i cannot create multiple automated discount on the same day, 

Thanks

poi

0 Likes
Excursionist
22 0 2

I am very much worried this is the case. They just need to milk us. 

Pretty crazy

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 5

I too would like to add my vote to having this feature in Shopify. It's incredibly frustrating not being able to offer customers different discounts depending on the type of product. I would like to offer my customers 20% off Personalised Gifts and 30% off everything else in store for the next few days. I have yet to find a solution that can adequately do this! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

I was hoping there would already be a solution to this but unfortunately not. I would like to throw my hat in the ring and vote for stackable discount codes. I have a loyalty scheme that rewards customers with coupon codes. Unfortunately, these codes can't be used with any existing offer (eg buy one get one free, etc) which means they're useless and actually provides a negative experience.

Most loyalty schemes work in this way and you have 50+ apps on the Shopify app store that do this, yet fundamentally the feature is broken because you can't stack discount codes. It wouldn't surprise me if most the people here wanting this feature have found this broken customer journey through one of the loyalty apps you offer (and generate revenue from) in the Shopify app store. To me that doesn't seem fair or reasonable, I'm really surprised the Shopify product team have not prioritised this, to me this isn't a new feature, but a bug and a broken customer experience. 

0 Likes