Multiple discount at checkout

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4

I do not believe that these options are a good customer experience at all. If I am reading the threads accurately then this feature request is almost a decade old? Surely it must be at the top of the list soon? ;) I have not been in e-commerce that long comparatively but I think it is expected that providing a discount after spending X amount and auto-applying free shipping to the order is pretty straightforward

@Peter wrote:

Hey, there!

Peter here from Shopify Support. 

At this time, Shopify doesn't currently offer "stackable" discounts in that, only one discount code can be used per order. That said, I know this is a wanted feature by many and something I'd love to see added to the platform. For this, I've gone ahead and added your vote to the existing feature request to show our teams there is further interest in implementing this in a future update. 

In the meantime, if you're subscribed to the Shopify plan, then you could consider offering your customers a gift card with the balance of the discount code you wish to offer them. Alternatively, you could partially refund their orders or use apps like Locksmith to lock down specific marked down products so that only your preferred customers can access the discounted prices. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best,

Peter
Shopify Support

3 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi Peter! I too am wanting to be able to stack 2 discounts. For sales purposes!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 7

Count me in as a vote to get this done too! 

Shopify has some things that are hard to understand.

Another thing that is necessary is to assign different packaging to different products. So basic! But not possible unless you pay some good 14 bucks a month.

All these apps add up a lot and they all feed off basic deficiencies of Shopify.

Shopify, support small businesses during COVID-19 times by doing this!

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Add my vote too please. Judging from this thread, this seems to be a feature that every Shopify user has wanted from day one of setting up our stores.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 3

Add my vote too. Shopify not having this is baffling. I'm loosing business because of this. I have a customer with a huge order in their cart right now who can't use their personal discount code because I have a 10% off sale on everything today. What am I suppose to do? I don't need it in some time in the future, I need it now. 

3 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 4
Yes! Excellent use case
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2137 100 299

@suziguitar make a draft order to quickly solve pricing rule conflicts like these.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/orders/create-orders

For shopifyPlus plans - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/wholesale/channel/orders/process-orders

If you have  repeat VIP customers with a different pricing ruleset  consider running a separate set of priced-inventory for those customers and use a service to keep stock in sync with the regular items.

This can be similar to a wholesale setup without the enterprise wholesale channel

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/sell-online/wholesale

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
894 0 58

it would be hard to imagine a more ghetto and convoluted methodology for something that should be simple, rule based, and automated.  something like that deeply detracts from the customer experience as well, and just seems like apologist justification for what is a simple feature that is standard on competing platforms, that the shopify community has been begging for for a decade.

we dont want a work-around, we want it to work.

5 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 0 34

we don't want a work-around, we want it to work.

Couldn't agree more!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 1 18
This thread appears as ‚solved’ but it isn’t. Merchants, next time you are in contact with Shopify support - mention that you really need a solution to this. The more of us raise the topic the more likely they will listen - I hope
1 Like