Multiple discount at checkout

Solved
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
896 0 58

you're absolutely right, it does appear "solved"... so I started a new thread.  Everyone who still wants this feature, please, lend your voice to the new thread;

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Stackable-Discounts/m-p/766354#M175759

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 10

There's no point starting a new thread, keep all feedback in the same thread.  It is "solved" because it's been put on their to do list (at the bottom).

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 11
That’s not the definition of solved
2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2151 101 303

@Anonymous we dont want a work-around, we want it to work.

It does work, on shopifyPlus and with apps.

it would be hard to imagine a more ghetto and convoluted methodology for something that should be simple, rule based, and automated

That was an outline for the specific case of having segmented customers while also having inventory that isn't also segmented.

Inventory segmentation is something you can start with immediately instead of hoping.

(products -> export to csv -> formulas to modify skus names and prices -> import ->etc ->sync)

https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=inventory+sync

something like that deeply detracts from the customer experience as well,

How does it detract from a customers experience when VIP customers are made to feel like VIPs with a different level of product access a merchant has made the effort to setup to increase the business value?

just seems like apologist justification

Rofl, versus what having no options at all?

Waiting around hoping for another company to develop some overly specific feature is not a plan. 

Allowing multiple discounts for all plans during a checkout that integrates with thousands of payment gateways is not simple just because the end user thinks it's simple to implement.

If a business requires rule based discounts use an app or evaluate moving to shopifyPlus and using line-item scripts.

shopify community has been begging for for a decade.

This and hundreds of other features that are unlikely to be forthcoming as they would only benefit a tiny tiny percent of a million+ merchant stores.

If some specific feature is a business requirement then work with what's available(Plus,apps,inventory segmentation,etc),  or just directly invest in tech that allows it.

Waiting for a feature under an expectation or entitlement of "it's simple" is just bad business as it means that business is not doing what it can NOW because of the false hope another company might solve all their problems for them.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2151 101 303

Everyone who still wants this feature, please, lend your voice to the new thread;

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Stackable-Discounts/m-p/766354#M175759

Breaking up feature request threads is just making it harder on everyone all you do is increase the difficulty for shopify to track who wants what for millions of stores and confuse other merchants into being unsure of which thread to put their voice in.

For example this thread is already an entire fractured thread after this one:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Apply-discount-together-with-free-shipping/td-p/4...

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
35 0 1

Hi,

I am looking for this feature as well. And as I have seen some recommendations on using apps I would like to share with you that I use the Advanced Bundle Price app and I am still not able to stack discounts at checkout. As adding this feature in Shopify might take who knows how long, would somebody more experienced than I am recommend an app that will allow me to use bunlde discounts and add a promo discount at checkout on top?

Thanks a lot,

Raluca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Are there any workarounds for this at all? We have quite a few items that are on "sale" and when someone tried to use a discount code we have provided them, they are unable to. Please add my vote for this feature as well! Thanks! 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
26 1 19

What you can do is apply a discount directly in the product. This doesn’t interfere with the shopify discount system. Remember that this means that the discount will be visible for everyone

0 Likes
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
896 0 58

"Waiting for a feature under an expectation or entitlement of "it's simple" is just bad business as it means that business is not doing what it can NOW because of the false hope another company might solve all their problems for them."

You're absolutely right.  Thank you for helping me see that shopify is not the right platform my my business.

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 9

Who says we're waiting for Shopify to solve all of our problems. We're waiting for shopify to solve one problem for which there is no app that creates an easy fix and great user experience. 

0 Likes