Highlighted
Explorer
46 1 43

That’s unfortunately reserved only to Shopify Plus customers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I've been told its only available with Shopify Plus - That's great only $1921 extra per month!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

looks like scripts will work, thanks to the user who provided this info.  This is still more work than it should be for basic functionality imho.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

This might work thanks.  Again, still thinking this is basic functionality that should be a click, but I appreciate this work around.  All the best.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey Peter, 

I am going to add my name to the 36 pages of requests for this feature, and not just for shops who can afford the most premium plan. As a new business, I would like to offer discounts for new memberships in addition to any current promotions. Seems like a pretty straightforward feature.

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
46 1 43

I mean the one thing you can do today, without any app: combine discount with gift card

Can gift cards be used in conjunction with a discount code?

Yes, gift cards are a form of payment.

From https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/gift-card-products/faq#can-a-gift-card-be-used-more-than...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

Please add me to the list as well. We switched to shopify thinking it would be better for our business, but it seems we've given up a lot in terms of being able to do simple things that other websites handle easily.
We are a tiny business, using social media reps as one outlet to help our business grow. It's crazy to me that I can't have an automatic discount at checkout, that my rep codes would stack with for the added referral benefit.

For example, we sell coffee. Today is national coffee day. I'd like to do an automatic discount of coffee for 5%, and if my rep shares our promo, customers can stack that reps 10% off code ON TOP of the 5% at checkout.
It doesn't make sense for me to upgrade my plan for a one-time thing like this. The ROI just isn't there.

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Also a hand up for letting all Shopify plans use stackable discounts.  Kinda bad form on Shopify's part not to offer it on all plans, especially now when us "smallies" need every break we can get to recover from a pandemic (and maybe have to survive another wave).  C'mon Shopify, where's the help?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

My assumption is that this feature equates to a dollar amount which is being tested to see how much money this feature will extract from small business owners.  Whether or not that is considered morally correct or frustrating to the business owner.

As a business owner, I cannot blame them.  The use of stackable discounts is a tactic we would all like to use for price testing and conversion optimization.

However, I do believe leaving this one feature (oddly) out is a business tactic which is not being well received by the community.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 1 4

We have a store with automatic bundle discounts and we need coupon codes to still be usable. Is there an app that will accomplish this for us (easily) until Shopify can implement it natively?

0 Likes