Multiple discount at checkout

Solved
Tourist
9 0 4

Couldn't agree more.  What's most discouraging is that most of us switched to Shopify as it was supposed to be superior to other platforms and easier to use.  This isn't a large ticket change and could easily be implemented.  Why Shopify is delaying a "decision" is beyond me.  I have several clients that I help manage Shopify stores on.  Most are considering a change in platform vendor now.  

Please, Shopify, your customers are speaking, you ought to consider listening AND reacting.

2 Likes
Tourist
8 0 4

It's a super easy feature to implement codewise. In case you guys don't understand why Shopify is not adding tiered discount options is because there are many vendors who developed apps that have this feature as the main selling point. They will be very disappointed if Shopify implements it for free, to say the least.

2 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

Well said vbPLUS!  I only have 5 products.  I donate my products to charity events and worthy causes quite often and I don't want to tell them "I'm afraid you need to pay shipping because Shopify refuses to provide a simple fix to a much-requested feature".  Asinine.  What a bunch of greedy, lazy DBs. 

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 3

Hello Pete,

I'm calling BS on this too, many times over. 

If I'm controlling the code that's on me if there's financial damage.  Isn't there ALREADY a control feature on the discount code to limit the amount of times it can be used and mitigate potential for abuse?! 

Personally I want the stacking codes to assist in the tracking of merchandise I provide as samples, prizes, and donations to charities and other worthy causes - totally cost free to the customer and allows me to track and manage my products.  The last thing I need to be doing is asking charities or gift recipients to pay for the shipping because SHOPIFY can't stack two discount codes, particularly ones I WOULD BE CONTROLLING!  

Please show us the vote tally because I really think you're simply providing lip service which is very disrespectful and condescending.  

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
749 41 116

Hi, all.

With any feature, we have to consider how it impacts other parts of the platform, along with any possible negative outcomes it could have towards you, the store owner. While I can’t speak to whether this is an easy addition or not, I can assure you that each and every piece of feedback you’ve provided here in this thread has been added to the feature request. 

Beyond this, I am unable to provide any further insight, or context beyond your feedback has been shared internally with our product team for discussion/review.

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 3

Name a free app that offers that, or the best paid one that does?

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 3

Pete,

Can you take down the "solved" tag next to the discussion thread starter?  I'm calling BS on that too. 

Unless you define "solved" as providing lip service and no real solution. 

I envision "solved" will feature a check box that simply states "Free Shipping" alongside and in addition to the discount option that we select.  One provided by Shopify and not some third-party, extra payment application that's a hassle to install, update, or maintain.

It's a good way to get people to think you've actually accomplished something positive however, even if it's not true.

Thanks ~ Your Customers

2 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
749 41 116

@GlowingOrchid 

I've not tested these apps myself, nor was I able to find a free option, however; Upsell Cross-Sell Smart Tool & Selly United are a few apps that have been recommended that could help with this.

@clayw7 

I hear what you’re saying, and agree how the post being marked as solved can be misleading. To provide some context, when an author makes a post, they can mark a reply as solved. In this case, the original author felt the context I had provided addressed what they were looking for, which is why the post appears as solved.

appreciate that you feel my responses aren’t up to par with what you’re expecting, and for that, I do apologize. I understand that this feature is needed by quite a few people, which is why I actively work towards engaging with every poster who wishes to have their vote added to our feature request list. I know this doesn’t provide an immediate solution; however; adding the votes to the request is the best step I can take to ensure that your voice is heard when our developers are making improvements to the platform.

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 2

Please add my vote for stacking discount codes 

2 Likes
2 0 2

Any chance we get this feature before Black Friday season starts this year? It would make a huge difference in our sales.

Please add my vote.

Also, it's crucial that coupons work with automatic discounts for example Buy 2 Get 1 Free automatically and then people who are in a VIP email list could also apply a coupon on top of that.

2 Likes