Multiple discount at checkout

Solved
1 0 1

Count me in for this!

Multiple automatic discount is very common practice. People buy 2 get xx disc AND get more disc if they buy 3 or 4 or any number that a store want to give for the customer... and this can be happened at the same time... this is how retail doing their promotion... this is not something new... even before online shop, this multiple disc type of promotion running in the same time has been a common practice for conventional retail store... 

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 2

Please count me too.

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Add my vote as well. In our case we would like to have 50% off black friday collection and 20% off other items. Using either auto discount or stacked coupon codes. 

Would be helpful to allow multiple auto-discounts at the same time (different products) with a priority setting. 

1 Like
2 0 0

Please add us as well.  TY

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 1

Add one more to the list who want to see this. It's bonkers to me this isn't baked in already. I assumed that if a customer had an individual discount code it would replace the automatic one not make it unusable. I have an automatic discount for people buying multiple items. If I give them an individual discount I should have some sort of option where an individual discount either stacks on top or (what I assumed it did) gave them the better discount. I soon discovered that as long as the multiple item discount is active any others are useless. I shouldn't have to pay someone else for better discount codes. This should be included with Shopify's own code. There just needs to be some sort of decision tree that we're given control of. If two discounts exist, what happens, give us a button when we're setting up the code that asks if it stacks or if it's best deal between the discounts wins out. 

Thanks!

Mark

0 Likes
2 0 2

Hi Peter,

Can you please give us an ETA on when stackable discounts will be added to Shopify? There are tonnes of businesses on this thread who are asking for this feature but we've not had any kind of detailed answer as to when or whether this will be fixed at all. 

It's really not acceptable for an online retail platform not to have what us paying customers would consider quite a basic function, and I'm really not happy with this solution at all. Given the lack of detail in the responses I've had from customer services on Chat, e.g. "we don't have a date but we know people want it", makes me question whether anything is actually being done at all, or whether Shopify want us to have to download these expensive apps to solve the lack of functionality.

Thank you,

Rachel

1 Like
1 0 0

You can add Lenox.com to the list......this is a feature that some of the bigger companies joining Shopify would love to have also...

@Peter wrote:

Hey, there!

Peter here from Shopify Support. 

At this time, Shopify doesn't currently offer "stackable" discounts in that, only one discount code can be used per order. That said, I know this is a wanted feature by many and something I'd love to see added to the platform. For this, I've gone ahead and added your vote to the existing feature request to show our teams there is further interest in implementing this in a future update. 

In the meantime, if you're subscribed to the Shopify plan, then you could consider offering your customers a gift card with the balance of the discount code you wish to offer them. Alternatively, you could partially refund their orders or use apps like Locksmith to lock down specific marked down products so that only your preferred customers can access the discounted prices. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best,

Peter
Shopify Support

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 4

My guess is that Shopify will NEVER build multiple discounts as an option so I had to bite the bullet and subscribe to an app. Multiple discounts is a must for my business. The app that I'm using I'm 1000% happy with just don't like the $30 a month I have to pay for it but I truly believe it's helped my business. What I like most about it is, my customers do not have to enter any codes. I can now offer a % discount + gift item for $$ spent + upsell w/a discount + a bundle discount all on one order. The app is Ultimate Special Offers. If you are desperate you may want to check them out. NOTE: there are apps that conflict with this app. I sent tech support a list of all my apps asking which ones could cause problems and they were very detailed in the response. Here are apps that I removed for this app: Volume & Tiered Discounts, Smile: Rewards & Loyalty, Sales Notification | Sales Pop, Popup Upsell - Sales Pop up and KartDiscount. For me and my business it's worth every penny. Just throwing this out there for those that may decide to go the route I did.

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 5

Rewill (above) is 100% correct.

Shopify will never update this feature "out of the box" for their platform for all to use. They will however possibly create their own 3rd party app for this (for a fee/paid) or maybe put it in their PLUS plan (top tier paid plan) so it motivates people to upgrade to a higher shopify plan.

But something this useful and obviously "wanted" this much...they wont give it away for free. 

if you look hard enough, youll see the countless other threads on this board where people have been asking for this feature/functionality for years.....and youll also see Shopifys candid responses for "oh great idea! We will make note of it and forward it to our team as a future request!"

Shopify is here to make money, ....this feature (if they DO roll it out in the next 2-3 years) wont be for free.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 3
I agree what you said LoveinCA I don’t think nobody’s asking for free everybody’s paying Shopify fee to use the service we just start using Ultimate Special Offers end it looks and it’s working good, But some little companies starting up or working from home They can’t pay extra app like our company paying $49/ month or like Rewill paying $29/ month but you have to make a decision if that’s critical for your business to bring more sales. You would think If they build app for multiple discount it will bring more revenue to Shopify and users and Shopify will Process more orders That means more transaction fee and more fraud protect fee But most likely they won’t do anything if they didn’t do it within 3 years
0 Likes