Multiple discount at checkout

Solved
Tourist
6 0 6

Hi Peter, please add my vote to the list. We are trying to implement a loyalty program and when customers redeem points for a free product they are unable to also use a general % off discount. This is a bad customer experience and also a headache for customer support. 

0 Likes
2 0 4

This is a must have option. There really is nothing I can find more important for my business & my customers. I offer the same as most, 10% auto and an email signup discount incentive for 15%, combined 25% off, very reasonable, completely unusable. 

If I change the auto discount to 25% I lose the email incentive and the email popup app service I do pay for is therefore a pointless marketing tactic. 

If I change the email discount to 25%, its a one time deal and negates customer returning in the future.

The object of a discount is to gain & retain customers while capturing their information for marketing purposes. Without the ability to combine discounts, all this is a waste.   

I've seen this problem with the same response going back 4 years or more without solution. This is an obvious drawback to sellers and I don't believe you can find a more significant issue. 

I think I can speak for everyone here in saying,  NO more deciding, we need this NOW! PLEASE! GET'ER DONE! PLEASE! ASAP! YESTERDAY! 

4 Likes
1 0 1

Absolutely agree - we need this asap. I've just lost a customer because she wasn't able to use a discount code on top of the automatic discount (3+1). There's no logical reason why you wouldn't allow to combine promos like "2+1" with % discounts? These are completely different types of discounts and should be allowed together!

1 Like
1 0 4
I just opened my page and realized shopify does not allow customers to stack coupons, I am about to start looking for other sites because of this.. I want to offer free shipping plus 10%off.. do you have a time frame when this could be available?
4 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
814 45 133

@GlowingOrchid @CeeSmart @LeoLindermans @Crystalwhite 

For starters, I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, frustrations, and use cases for why getting this feature added is imperative to your businesses. I understand the urgency behind why you need this feature, and while I wish I had a better answer, I'm afraid that I don't have an update to share on when this feature will be added to the platform. I've added your feedback to the existing feature request to show our developers there is further interest in getting this added as soon as possible. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
2 0 1

Please add me to the list as well. Not offering tiered discounting is a major issue when it's pretty standard in the ecomm industry.

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 1

Add me to the list of needing this requested feature as well. We have this type of feature that we're migrating from WooCommerce. This should be standard and would not be that hard to code, honestly.

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 6

We appreciate being heard, Peter

This feature is quite crucial for us to be able to integrate our retention strategies. We have Loyalty points, we have one time discounts, we have physical mailed personalized discounts and discounts awarded for posting photo reviews,  but none of these can create a proper incentive for the customer if they can only use one discount at a time. Stacking discounts is the missing piece of our puzzle, and without it, we are unable to utilize the services provided by many 3rd party Shopify apps we pay for. A timeline would be extremely helpful because with one we could deliberate whether or not it's worth completely overhauling our retention strategy, or waiting out the development process.

As you can see since my comment, we've had many others voice their opinions on the matter as well. I guarantee there are hundreds if not thousands or tens of thousands more who would jump at the opportunity to take advantage of such a feature. Perhaps they stay silent because the Buy X get Y discounts were released and they are quite useless without discount stacking so it's assumed that discount stacking would be the next logical release in the pipeline...

Looking forward to your reply,

The Glowing Orchid Team

1 Like
1 0 2

Yes please add my vote. This is hugely important for running an up sell/bundle discount campaign and incentive points system together which is huge for ecommerce. I also run an exit intent with discount which customers cannot use if they are pairing it with a bundle!

Come on Shopify, we really need this feature ASAP.

2 Likes
Tourist
4 0 8
Peter
Developers do not set priorities, they write code. I suspect that this is a standard answer to end this thread with no action expected any time soon. It is very discouraging to see that Shopify does not care about businesses on its platform that are the reason behind it's success. Feels like this community is a huge waste of time, no one is listening to our feedback anyway.
4 Likes