Multiple domain shop

Solved
Tourist
8 0 0

Dear community,

I have recently launched my Shopify store and would like to ask you some questions.

1. How can I run multiple domains based on location. For example: I would like to have an international domain for those shopping out of my home country and one local domain for my home country. Can you set up domains to open based on geolocation? And how does it work when customers search on Google?

2. Is it possible to set language and currency switch based on location?

Would really appreciate any suggestions and help.

Have a great one.

Regards
Vas

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
923 96 156

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. How are you today?

It sounds like you are referring to a feature we introduced: International Domains. If you are aiming to sell to buyers in different geographical markets, then this new feature can display your online store in the language and currency specific to that particular buyer. 

The requirements for using International Domains are: 

• You must be on the Shopify Plan, Advanced plan, or Plus plan. 
  • To create international domains for your store, you need to add and connect a domain for every region you want to offer this localized experience. 
  • The domains need to be specific to a region/country. 
  • Subdomains must use two-letter country codes, e.g. ie.yourstore.com for Ireland.
  • You must sell in multiple currencies using Shopify Payments
  • If you sell in multiple languages, you will need a supported translation app

If you meet these requirements, then the international domain feature may be the best bet for you to localize your experience! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tourist
8 0 0

Hey @Cal ,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Did not know that this option is already available. I will dive into it.

Have a great one

Best,

Vas

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
923 96 156

Glad to help. Best of luck! 

0 Likes
1 0 0

If you are truly interested in getting the branded and high-quality best paintball gun, so you are in the right place - childrens paintball gear

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 0

Hi again @Cal ,

I just realised that Shopify Payments is not supported in my country and I have to use a third party payment provider.

Am I still able to set up the International Domains feature? From what I read online, there is little chance of making it work. What can be done?

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
923 96 156

This is an accepted solution.

I'm afraid International Domains is currently locked to Shopify Payments. We are always looking to expand our Shopify Payments network, but I'm afraid there is no workaround right now. If there are other markets that your business relied on, and you needed to localize their experience, I'd suggest opening multiple stores. If they are all the exact same, except for language and currency, you may be eligible for a multi-store discount, depending on what plans you were on and how many stores you were operating.  

0 Likes
3 0 0
I too have the same doubt @ vascat
0 Likes