Multiple webhook post requests from Shopify

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
9 2 0

Hi! My name is Dmytro. Currently I am testing unpublished public application on a development store. I have successfully created webhooks for application. Now, when I trying to do some action at the dev shop like checkout update or order create, I receive a multiple webhook post answer from Shopify at my action. I receive json data and status 200 OK for the Shopify post requests. The question is why Shopify dev shop create multiple POST requests? The dev shop receive 200 OK response from the app, is it not enough?

image.png

Dear support stuff, please help me figure out what’s the matter?

All the best,

Dmytro

0 Likes
Tourist
9 2 0

Hi!

Today I received a letter. I was said that my “webhook is failing to return a successful response” and error that cause this problem is: “Error: read tcp 10.60.163.101:38120->X.X.X.X:443: i/o timeout”. Then I received a letter that my webhook “has been removed on 2020-02-19 09:29:44 UTC because it's failing to return a successful response”.

I steel don’t understand the problem, because response to Shopify data POST request always 200 OK, as I motioned earlier.

Dear support stuff, please help me!

All the best,

Dmytro

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 2 0

Hi!

The interesting thing: I receive only ONE post request using webhook to the customers/create event. Other webhook post me data MULTIPOLES times to the only one event (checkouts/update, orders/updated, orders/create) until they will be removing because they are failing to return a successful response. Why is it so, I need to get only one data post through one event.

The php codes are very similar which are processed POST request.

Dear support stuff, please help me!

All the best, Dmytro

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Tourist
9 2 0

Hello everybody!
The problem was that the script that processed the data from Shopify was running for more than 5 seconds. We have carried out optimization. Now everything is OK.
All the best, Dmytro

0 Likes