Multivendor Music Store?

2 0 1

Hey all, so I just want to know if it’s currently possible to make a multivendor music store with Shopify? 

Some requirements would be to have a preview music player on each product (grid view) that lets a customer preview the audio before clicking on the detail page, as well as a player located on the detail page that can play additional files. The vendor should have the ability to manage all files themselves and also provide various formats such as compressed zip to the customer upon purchase. 

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
768 25 257

Hey Anthony,

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify. :)

It would definitely be possible to create a Multi-Vendor Music Store on Shopify. We have quite a few apps in our app store that would simplify this process for you.

For a preview music player, you could use Audio Players by Widgetic

In order for the vendor to access the file upload section themselves, they'd need a staff account for your store with access to the apps and also the product pages. 

To deliver the music when purchased, you could use the FREE Digital Downloads App by Shopify.

We also have the following marketplace apps that would allow for vendors to sign up. They would also manage vendor payouts for you: 

Alternatively, if you need something more custom, you could consider hiring a Shopify Expert.

I hope this is helpful. We're always here for support if you have more questions. :) 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey Anthony! We developed a Shopify App that does everything mentioned in your original query, as well as some additional features. 

https://apps.shopify.com/single

Features you mentioned:

• Integrates player into the product template - allows customers to listen to a 30 second preview of each track
  • Digital delivery of various formats (MP3, FLAC or WAV) as a zip file

Additional music store features:

• Bundle digital music with any product in your Shopify store
  • Ability to mark tracks as explicit
  • Release management ie cascading releases, instant grat tracks, pre-orders
  • Automatic reporting sales to the official charts
0 Likes
1 0 0

Kindly update on the subject as i would like the same solution, whereby my artists can login and upload their music that is available for everyone to sample and download at a small fee.

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Hey Hank. It appears I missed a key part of this request. While our app does provide a solution to sell and deliver downloads from Shopify, we do not allow for individual vendors to have separate logins to upload and manage music.

0 Likes