“My Account” Link in Header and Footer

Tourist
11 0 1
Can someone help me figure out how to add a link to the customer’s “My Account” page in the header and footer? So they can either create an account or login to their account? I have been trying to research it and the only video I found was from 2015 which isn’t the same layout Shopify currently has. Thank you!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
86 23 24

Hi @kennams ,

Dani from Shopify here!

First of all, when you go to your Checkout settings in your admin - do you see that customer accounts are set to either optional or required?

Depending on your theme, once your customer accounts are at least set to optional you should see a customer icon in the header of your theme next to the cart and search icons. Similar to this:

When you select the customer icon, you'll be taken to an account login page where you can also select the option to create an account.

To add this link to your footer menu:

• Copy the address of this login page from your browser's address bar
  • From the admin go to Online Store > Navigation > Footer Menu
  • Click Add menu item add a name and paste in the address in to the link box
  • Click Add > Save menu

You'll then see your account link in the footer menu!

If your accounts are optional, it may be a good idea to offer some incentive to your customers to sign up for an account! Have you thought about offering something like this to your customers who sign up?

Let me know if you have any further questions!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 1
Thank you! My shop is currently still being developed so it has the password on. This may be a stupid question, but I am very new to Shopify. Is there a way to keep my password on and still play with the page in a test mode?
Of course I am going out of town, so when I get back I will have to play with it more and check out the advice you’ve given.

Thank you so much for your reply!
0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 1
Actually- I can obviously just put in my password on the protected site lol. Never mind!
1 Like