My Domain not forwarding Emails

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

I purchased domain safanaonline.com from shopify, and make email forwarding to my company emails,

when i send test email from gmail or hotmail to my custom email it successfully forwarded,

but when i send from my company email 'sutrad.com' , sent email not forwarded and Delivery Email coming

Error Msg:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

info@safanaonline.com

host mx.safanaonline.com.cust.b.hostedemail.com [64.98.36.4]

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:

554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [209.217.224.34] blocked using urbl.hostedemail.com; Your IP has been manually blacklisted

Any Help??

Thanks in advance

Regards

Kamal

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
499 26 39

Hi @kamalalyafei,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

It sounds as though you've set up your email forwarding correctly and now you're hoping to reply to the customer using the new domain as well. So when a customer receives an email from you, they'll see it's coming from support@sadanonline.com? If so, how have you sent the company email from sutrad.com so far? Have you set up an email hosting account? This is not something Shopify offers as of yet, however, Zoho mail and GSuite do offer a great service. More info can be found here.

Once you're set up with an email hosting account, the host should offer a step-by-step guide on how to change your DNS settings slightly, so your emails can be sent and delivered to successfully. If you already are with a host, who is your domain provider?

If you let me know a little bit more about the current set up you have, I'm more than happy to take a closer look. 

Thanks a mill, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
16 0 1

Thanks @Ted  for your reply,

I will describe the case in details,

I have company email 'info.safanaonline@sutrad.com' and I have customized email 'info@safanaonline .com',

I already  made email forwarding in shopify domain setting  which  'info@safanaonline .com'  will be forwarded to 'info.safanaonline@sutrad.com' 

and when made testing i sent email from gmail and hotmail emails to 'info@safanaonline .com'  it successfully forwarded to  'info.safanaonline@sutrad.com',

BUT, when sending email from 'kamal@sutrad.com' to 'info@safanaonline .com'  then coming Email delivery msg showing above in post, and email not forwarded.

Whats the problem casing my email not forwarded when sending from '??@sutrad.com' to the custom email

my domain 'sutrad.com' is from Moniker.com

Regards

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
499 26 39

Hi @kamalalyafei,

Perfect, thanks for the extra context! So there are two separate ways a domain works when you are sending and receiving emails. 

Email Forwarding
Once the domain is purchased you can then set up Email Forwarding. This is where you can create a customer support style email address such as “info@mystorename.com". When your customers email that address, they will send it to info@mystorename.com but the email will then be forwarded to a different email address, normally a personal email address such as “example@yahoo.com" inbox. You can set this up within your admin as shown in this guide and video tutorial. When you reply to the customer, they will see example@yahoo.com replying to them instead of info@mystorename.com. Email forwarding does not offer the option to reply using the @mystorename.com custom domain address.

Email Hosting
To reply to a customer using the @mystorename.com (your custom domain address and not a personal email address), you would need to create an Email Hosting account. This is not a service that is offered by Shopify. On saying that, there are fantastic services such as Zoho Mail and GSuite that offer this. More information and a short video tutorial can be found in this guide.

You have mentioned, "BUT, when sending email from 'kamal@sutrad.com' to 'info@safanaonline.com' then coming Email delivery msg showing above in post, and email not forwarded." To send an email from @sutrad.com, you would need to set up an Email Hosting account. Have you set this up with a service such as Zoho or Gsuite? If not, how are you sending the email from your custom domain address (@sutrad.com)?

It sounds as though you have not set up your MX records so that emails can be delivered successfully to your custom domain. You normally would need to reach out to your email host for more info on this, as this would be a third party set up. 

Thanks a mill, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like