My Shop was Shut Down by Etsy ~ How to start over??

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Julie,

• Adwords will be too expensive to get a good ROI.
  • Inbound Marketing works well if you are good at blogging and keyword tracking. And it takes time to get results. http://www.hubspot.com/inbound-marketing
  • Like the others, get on amazon and ebay to compensate rapidly your lost of revenue.
  • On-Page SEO for Google is a bit different than Etsy, Less keyword but be more precise.  https://moz.com/learn/seo/on-page-factors

And good luck! 

Fred

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 8

I think it was more than Hello Kitty. You sold items that were copyrighted by Inspired Endurance and you still are carrying copyrighted designs of Lift Your Sole, Chalk Talk Sports, and Rembrandt Charms. Alibaba is a dangerous place to buy items for resale.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Julie,

I would recommend repinning the jewelry from your new Shopify store on your Pinterest board. Right now it's leading viewers to your Etsy store.

I also think you should ask Etsy to review your case.

Best,
Beth

0 Likes
1 0 0

I started my business on Etsy which I am currently phasing out.  You have Google advertising provided by Etsy which helps to drive significant traffic & revenue.  Etsy also does a considerable about of volume in the jewelry category, so the customers are already there looking for you.  You need outside sales channels -- eBay, Amazon, etc. -- which include Google promotion.  The packages shipped to other channels should include a marketing piece to come back to your website.  This strategy has been absolutely essential to growing my business.  Take what you know about your demographics, keywords, top selling products & focus on what you know & what sells best -- put them front & center on your site vs trying to put everything out there.  On your homepage...you'll need a graphic front & center answering: What is your key point of difference?  What do you do differently from other jewelry brands?  When customers come to Etsy, they already assume the handmade element is present.  Etsy also emphasizes  over & over again that "images are everything."  In other words...while text will help your SEO...make those photos of your product bigger (2-3x the current size) with a crisp WHITE background & text limited to 2-3 words.   Product forward, content second.  I know from a zillion Etsy convo's that customers almost never read the descriptions...so make those photos pop!  Look at the best selling jewelry products on Etsy...what do their photos look like?  And what keywords do they use?  Imitate the best!  Hope that helps!!  Best of luck!!!

(I recommend Upgraded Images -- upgradedimages.com for photos.  ~$20/photo & quick turnaround.  Make the most of any marketing and advertising $ by putting best face forward.  Always. My Etsy visits +40% when I switched to my new images.)

0 Likes
Excursionist
66 0 4

Here's what you do:

Apply to join the upcoming 'Handmade at Amazon' shops. Etsy is big, but Amazon is a giant with WAY more traffic. I have been waiting a long time for etsy competition and this is it. 

http://services.amazon.com/handmade/handmade.htm

Get in with H at A and get over Etsy. I find Etsy's policies to be downright cruel. Mistakes are going to be made, sometimes more than once, and to lose your income overnight is ridiculous. Even Etsy forums are weird and fear driven. You ask a question and are met with rudeness. There is no such thing as friendly competition amongst sellers. It's a ruthless & sad place. Do not bother to ask for your shop back. Leave and don't look back. 

On top of joining Amazon's new shops, open a Shopify store as well. Never put your eggs in one basket.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Excursionist
66 0 4

Here's what you do:

Apply to join the upcoming 'Handmade at Amazon' shops. Etsy is big, but Amazon is a giant with WAY more traffic. I have been waiting a long time for etsy competition and this is it. 

Get in with H at A and get over Etsy. I find Etsy's policies to be downright cruel. Mistakes are going to be made, sometimes more than once, and to lose your income overnight is ridiculous. Even Etsy forums are weird and fear driven. You ask a question and are met with rudeness. There is no such thing as friendly competition amongst sellers. It's a ruthless & sad place. Do not bother to ask for your shop back. Leave and don't look back. 

On top of joining Amazon's new shops, open a Shopify store as well. Never put your eggs in one basket.

Good luck!

3 Likes
1 0 0

Etsy gives you 3 chances before the shut down your shop. Keep in mind infringement is infringment no matter where you sell.

For something like your items I would think Pinterest would be huge. Are you pinning there from your Shopify store? If you have pins to your old Etsy store I would delete them or edit them with your new address.

You are now going to have to drive your own traffic. More work but it can be done.

0 Likes
Excursionist
66 0 4

Here's what you do:

Good luck!

0 Likes
Excursionist
66 0 4

Here's what you do:

Good luck!

0 Likes