My Store Isn't Approved For Instagram Product Tagging

Highlighted
2 0 0

Has anyone hired an individual or company that they would recommend who is able to go over our store and tell us why we are not being approved for product tagging on Instagram? 

We started building our online store with Shopify in hopes to be able to sell our products on Instagram.

Long story short, we were approved for Facebook shopping, but were not approved for product tagging on Instagram.

We had everything set up to the terms and conditions on our Facebook Business Manager, but something had to have gone wrong.

Contacting Instagram has not been helpful- we have waited for a response for over two months now.

We would love to be able to sell on Instagram.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
226 20 46

Hi, @shopmollywood!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

It can definitely be frustrating to have your store denied for Instagram product tagging, especially when you have already been approved to sell on Facebook and you meet all of Instagram's requirements. I have seen this happen a few times and unfortunately, Instagram does not provide us with any information on why the store was denied.

While there is no official workaround for this as the decision is made by Instagram, reporting the problem through the app has proven to be the quickest way to get through to them to review your store. I understand that you have done so already and are still waiting for a response, but my suggestion would be to submit another report. Personally, I've come across a few instances where Instagram has reversed their decision after merchants had reached out. 

For some further suggestions, I recommend checking out this forum post. In it, you'll find some suggestions on how you can reach out to Instagram directly, as well as suggestions on how to phrase your report. This second forum post also offers advice from someone who seems to be quite well-versed in this particular issue; it might be worth responding there to see if they are able to lend some further assistance!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like