My Video Isn't loading for IOS Users!!!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey guys, 

So I decided to put an auto played video on the top of my Homepage, and my current theme is Venture. It looked up how to center the video and make it fit at the top. Now I have a huge problem that I didn't know that was in effect! The video auto played perfectly for all of my ANDROID devices. But for my IOS devices, it doesn't load at all. It just shows an image of the video, and it doesn't play AT ALL for Apple products!!!

Photo for all IphonesPhoto for all Iphones

Is there a code to fix this problem??? And which coding folder do I go to for VENTURE?

Here is my store URL for the home page, which is where the problem exists, and there is NO PASSWORD

hypeglo.com.co 

I need help ASAP PLEASE I am still remaining live right now! This is the only obstacle I'm facing before advertising my ads...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME, Caleb W.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
875 72 205

Some browsers block auto play, specifically on mobile because videos are massive files and eat up data.

Some people like videos, some people think they're annoying (you'd have to A/B test auto play vs not and measure the stats to see how your audience perceives them). I wouldn't worry about it, just make sure that if you click the image it plays the video - then the people that want to watch the video will click.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes