My forum posts are being marked as spam?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

I've been having trouble posting to the forum today with questions regarding the Terms of Service and certain restricted items that my client wants to sell. Every time I submit post the moderators are marking them as spam. I've submitted the abuse report for the posts, but I would like to know why the posts are being flagged so that I can make adjustments.

I've read through the community guidelines and terms of service and I'm not sure what about my post is triggering the moderators.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1825 211 381

Sorry to hear about that. It could be an automated check rather than a human, so you might want to each out to Shopify team by other means, like https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/questions

Sergiu Svinarciuc | CTO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
501 29 778

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @justinjcode 

We have an automatic spam filter that caught your recent posts so I've restored them.  

If this happens again in the future please don't hesitate to reach out communitymailer@shopify.com

Thanks! 

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Thanks 

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi sorry to reach out to you that way but I just can't find any other solution. I created a post seconds after creation I got the following message 

This post has been marked as spam by our automatic spam filter.

If you believe this is an error clickhereto let the community team know so they can restore your post.

So I click on the link and it takes me to report inappropriate Content page basically I am lost and not sure what to do now and here is the actual post I am trying to create https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-APIs-SDKs/Pagination-and-ProductVariants-count-is-inconsiste...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
42 3 13

"Report Inappropriate Content" is misleading because the moderators rely on this feature for more than just reports of inappropriate content. Just write the message that you want your post approved and yes, report you post as inappropriate content (yes, it's not really that, I know). This will add it to the moderator queue.

I wish the mods made spam filters better and the reporting and approval system more transparent.

If my reply helped you, please give it a Like and mark it as Accepted Solution.
You're welcome, and thank you too! :)
Do you want me to fix your theme code? PM me.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
501 29 778

@Arundas wrote:

"Report Inappropriate Content" is misleading because the moderators rely on this feature for more than just reports of inappropriate content. Just write the message that you want your post approved and yes, report you post as inappropriate content (yes, it's not really that, I know). This will add it to the moderator queue.

I wish the mods made spam filters better and the reporting and approval system more transparent.

Hi @Arundas! Our community uses an automatic spam filter, powered by the Akismet spam filtering service. 

99.9% of posts are made without issue but due to spammers constantly changing their tactics false positives can occur, especially if the member is new to the community and makes several edits to their post.  

We review our spam queue several times a day to catch and restore false positives, in addition to reviewing any reports we received via the Report Inappropriate Content option. 

To recap we manually mark posts as spam if they are clearly spam, and rely on a automatic spam filter due volume which can unfortunately result in false positives but it prevents a lot of legitimate spam from being posted. To ensure false positives are not left in the spam queue we review it manually as well as action any reports members submit as soon as they are received.

I hope this helps  

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog