My payouts were put on hold because I had CBD and Hemp Products

Highlighted
2 0 0

I have a fairly new account with Shopify.  I received an email on 9/3/20 that my payouts were put on hold because I had CBD and Hemp Products.  I immediately removed the items and sent shopify a reply that all was removed.  I have not received a response so far...Does anyone know the turnaround time for shopify to remove the hold? There was nothing in the context of the email that says how long it takes to restore payouts.   I noticed other users in the shopify community had similar experiences and some very long wait times before accounts were restored...One account said 4 months.  That's way too long to keep someone's account on hold...especially considering covid and unemployment.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
65 5 13

Halle,

To get a faster response from Shopify Support, actually log into your account dashboard and click the "chat with support" link. Doing that will get a representative online with you must faster than email.

Effective August 2020 - several US states introduces new laws that directly impact all CBD sellers. Regardless of who handles of your payment processing.

• In August 2020 - four states have banned the sale of any form of hemp/cbd products: Idaho, Iowa, Nebraska, and North Dakota.
  • Your shopping cart drop down selection menu must restrict sales of any hemp/cbd products to those states.
  • Additionally, certain states have banned the sale of edibles: Maine, New York, North Carolina, and Ohio.
  • Your shopping cart drop down selection menu must restrict sales of those products to those states.

Happy Selling,

Kevin James
Shopify approved partner | Expert Developer
ISO representing multiple payment processors
kevin@kjproweb.com | 818-850-1034

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Thank you! Yes, I chatted with customer service and problem has since been
resolved.
How long does it take for the red alert to be removed?

Halle
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
65 5 13

Make sure that you have completely deactivated 'Shopify Payments' as the processor. They must be completed deleted and removed as a payment acceptance option.

Next, you're going to need a Shopify approved payment processor for your store. Emerchant Broker (EMB) is an approved partner with expertise in the CBD/hemp space. Feel free to apply here. https://atlasmanager.com/control/main?agentId=1499-0097

Kevin James
Expert Web Developer & Shopify Partner
0 Likes