My primary domain says: Setup in progress

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello, yesterday Shopify connected my domain to my new shop, because I couldn't access to my previous shop (closed) so I couldn't access to my domain. This domain is without the "www". It is like this: example.com 

Today, I connected this domain to my shop, WITH the "www" as my primary domain.

Now , my primary domain is like this : www.example.com . It is what I wanted, but it is written "setup in progress"... after 10 hours. Is it possible to fix it?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
254 18 41

Hi, @manu64

Thanks for reaching out about that. A domain can take up to 24 hours to fully propagate once it's connected to a new store. If it's still not connected after that period of time, you'll want to ensure that the DNS Settings match what's instructed here.  Is that a third party domain, or a Shopify managed domain? 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Brie, thank you for your answer.

I bought this domain through shopify a few days ago, with my ex shopify account. Yesterday, when the assistance connected my domain without the "www", it worked instantly. Should I wait till tomorrow and check if my domain with "www" is finally successfully connected?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
254 18 41

Hi, @manu64

Thanks for confirming that! In this case, it likely just needs a bit more time to be fully propagated. Let us know if it still isn't connected after the 24 hour period is up. Have a good one! 

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes