My shop is down and I want to get it back

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi,

I recently went live with my shopify account on Fruday 12th June.

URL = www.players-shakespeare.com

(original shopify account = pllayers-shakespere-uk.myshopify.com

Since the site went down I have been reading the support pages and I've realised that there is a lot of things that I should add to the web-site.

I can't access the support pages because I can't log on to my account - it's down)

And I can't make updates to the web-site design, or access the live web-site because they're both down.

Is there any way that you can  make the account live again so that I can make the required changes.

Help from Shopify would be much appreciated.

Richard Forsyth

www.players-shakespeare.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Same, shop is down...has there been any info from @shopify about this issue of shops being down?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
In the Shopify support discussion group I think I read a reply which said that, shortly after a Shopify Account 'goes live' it will be taken offline for review, but within five days or so, it should come back.

I have no idea whether there is any truth in this or not.
My shop went offline on Friday night / Saturday morning, si I'm hoping it might be back by Wednesday.
One lives in hope.
0 Likes
Highlighted

@RForsyth @LLDroolYe 

What errors are you seeing? I haven't heard from any of our clients that Shopify was down for any length of time and http://status.shopify.com/ does not report any incidents.

If you're still locked out, provide as much detail as you can about where you're stuck and include screenshots of what you see.

• Are you unable to login at all?
  • Does the login page show?
  • Do you receive any error messages?
Michael | Business Development @ Helium
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution
Helium builds apps that merchants depend on:
Customer Fields app (since 2015)
Meteor Mega Menu app (since 2014)
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0

Dear Michael,

Many thanks for your offer of help. It is much appreciated. I'll give you as much data as possible as to what has happened.

I've been working on a web-site called players-shakespeare.com (aka pllayers-shakespere-uk.myshopify.com)

The web-site publishes versions of Shakespeare's plays designed for play-reading by drama students; schools, universiteis, and members of University of Third Age. It's a social enterprise.

I had published 8 plays (6 with a fairly standard script, and 2 on the home page which can print scripts in 3 formats (Parts and Cues; Highlight Text; andBlack and Whaite text) and for a range of players (8 to 10 for A Midsummer NIght's Dream) and 10 to 12 for Hamlet).

The products have pictures representing the play, and also pictures of the special text formats.

I had got as far as testing the structure of the products and some top-level pages outlining the special features of the site, but now, reading your support pages I've got a lot of work to do (give address and phone no for the site; and chat button; etc., etc.,)

I am acepting payments from Paypal and had set that up, and went on, after having tested the site in test mode, to make some actual payments by myself against the web-site so I could test the different product variations and that the payment mechanism would work.

Between 8th June and 12th June, I made 18 (discounted) payments by purchasing variations of a play (delivered as a WinZip file containing around 11 pdf files of scripts etc).

The payments went through, the winzip files were delived, and I checked that the winzip files contained the expected pdfs..

The only issue appeard to be that PayPal didn't get notification that the winzip files, sent by your electornic product app, weren't marked as 'delivered'. Instead PayPal still thinks the deliveries are going to be physical and was expecting confirmation of delivery. I was working on trying to solve that when the system fell over.

Since then if I try to log on to my web-site, I get a message saying "Oops, something went wrong.. The Shop is unavailable"

If I try and log onto the shop maintenance site (using either of the URLs, pllayers-shakespere-uk.myshopify.com or www.players-shakespaere.com.myshopify.com) I get variations of the same message. When I try to log o...

I  very much hope that you can offer some help in restoring my web-site so I can sort out the problems (including linking paypal with your winzip delivery app). My site is due to go live on 24th June when it's linked with a presentation of A Midsummer Night's Dream to academic drama teachers.

I would be happy to pay a reasonable sum to shopify for the resolution of this problem.

My next, worst case way forward is to open up another web-site with a different domain name, and try and migrate players-shakespeare.com to that web-site. Should I try that?

Ahy help would be most gratefully received.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Richard Forsyth

players-shakespeare.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

@RForsyth Just to be clear, I do not work for Shopify. We are Shopify experts and we sell third-party apps for the platform.

I don't know why you're locked out of your account, but here's how to contact Shopify support without logging in. They should be able to help you gain access to your account.

First go to https://pllayers-shakespere-uk.myshopify.com/admin and follow the steps in this screencast: https://share.heliumdev.com/JruLLoG9.

Best of luck to you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks for your offer of help.

Your suggested way of contacting Shopify didn't work.

The first step - log on to my account failed.

"Oops something went wrong --- what happebded -- This shop is not available" did not log on to account"

Instead I'm re-building a new shopify account  Playread Shakesppeare.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Richard Forsyth

0 Likes
Highlighted

You don't have to create a new store.

Go to this link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat

Click "I don't have a Shopify store" (even though you do)

Then fill in your details to explain the problem to Shopify. See screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 12.07.31 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello ,

My shopify turned to unavailable also .  10 seconds after I've paid for the month fee they made my page unavailable.

Please check out  babzco.myshopify.com

Iam looking forward to hear from Shopify support.

0 Likes