My shop shut down 'this store is not available'

2 0 0

Unbelievable or not, but it happened to me as well.
I uploaded my files during the trial, then I decided that Shopify could be ok for me and I paid my subscription.
After few minutes my shop got shut down.
The only reply they gave me:

"This email is to inform you that after reviewing your information and website we believe your business presents a level of risk that we will be unable to support with Shopify. I know this is not ideal, however we won't be able to help with your business.

At this time since Shopify has been deemed not a good fit for your business you will need to research other e-commerce platforms to find one that will be suitable. Regrettably we are not able to make recommendations to merchants.

Please note that for security and privacy reasons we are unable to divulge the results of our reviews and investigations. Once an account has been declined the decision is final.

Thank you and I wish you all the best with your business going forward!"

And nothing more.
I cannot even backup my files.

I sell furniture, where is the "level of risk that we will be unable to support with Shopify"?? I am confused.
And by the way, the ecommerce would be the online version of a real 'offline' business I already have established years ago.

The funny thing is that " ...for privacy reasons we are unable to divulge the results of our reviews and investigations".
So, you do an investigation on my self, and you don't want to tell me your result?
Privacy is to protect sensitive info about me to third parties, not hiding info about myself.

Actually, I have no problem to switch to other ecommerce platforms, but at least refund the money I paid and let me backup my data.

The good thing is I found out how unprofessional Shopify is at the really beginning, so I save myself of a bigger damage.

Seems like Shopify is popular among people who need to play with ecommerce, not real businesses.

Guys, stay aways from Shopify if you really need to d business.

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1
What country and what payment provider were you guys using ?
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1
I understand the frustration! I just spent $17,000 on establishing our site, have $70,000 of inventory on order to support holiday sales, and Shopify shut the site down this morning with no reason other than a risk concern. Could you imagine the Chamber of Commerce in any city showing up at the doorstep of a retailer, posting a note closing your store with little or no explanation? It would never happen. Very hard to understand this after spending over $17,000 to put up a site with a legitimate business.
0 Likes
7 0 0
Same here I running a super successful store all of a sudden they closed it down! I was not a dropshipping I have a product stocked and shipped by us with the phone number for customers to call and an email with hired customer service reps! Out of the blue! Gone

We had a bunch of unfulfilled orders which I beg them to at least send me a PDF file with the order so I could for fill...

They didn’t care said the store is closed and I cannot have any type of access to it
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Same here over $45000 spent to drive traffic store was going extremely well I was not a drop shipping I have the product been shipped it myself my website even had a direct phone number for my customers to call!

I shut it down with no explanation whatsoever!

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1
These posts are all too common.

Shopify will not providing any reasonable explanation for shutting a site down or,
provide an opportunity for a company to recover data and/or copy that existed on the
site before shutdown. This is an unconscionable act by Shopify.

It is impossible to elevate the dispute higher at Shopify. How a company
is permitted to padlock a site after a significant capital investment
is made by a legitimate operating business is disturbing. Many individuals
have invested so much time hard work and savings, only to have Shopify
destroy their dream without recourse.

The best we can all do is continue to broadcast through blogs, social media,
friends and businesses advising them to proceed with caution should they
decide to get involved with Shopify.
1 Like