My shop shut down 'this store is not available'

2 0 3

I am very frustrated with Shopify right now. Yesterday I started a new store and went to put in my card information and because I had a low balance it said "insufficient funds"  and later on my store was shut down with the message "this store is unavailable, well be back soon" I was locked off and now it's unavailable.

I am dropshipping and have done nothing to raise flags but it's absolutely ridiculous to kick people off their store with no recourse or feedback!

I started a new store today and after an hour it locked off again with the same message!

I have spoken and chatted with three shopify gurus and this issue has not been resolved Please bare in mind I have paid considerable money for monthly membership and expect at least rudimentary communication from a service provider before they impose draconian security measures of which I know nothing!

2 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
423 0 78

Hi, Erik.

My name is Jade, I am with the Social Care Team at Shopify.

I completely understand the frustration you are feeling with having your online store close after the time and effort that you have put into creating it. I have sent an email to the email address that you use to login to your forums account. The subject line of the email is Shopify Support - Forum Post. If you can reply to the email at your earliest convenience, we will be able to look into this issue for you and find a solution.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

1 Like
Tourist
2 0 2

hello, i am experiencing the same issue, it is completely heartbreaking. I continue to attempt to open a new dropshipping store, and as soon as i add my domain i run into the same issue, i have at this point now designed 4 stores that have all ran into the same exact issue and i am getting very disappointed by this :(. For some reason nobody can help me out and i don't know what to do at this point.

@Jade wrote:

Hi, Erik.

I completely understand the frustration you are feeling with having your online store close after the time and effort that you have put into creating it. I have sent an email to the email address that you use to login to your forums account. The subject line of the email is Shopify Support - Forum Post. If you can reply to the email at your earliest convenience, we will be able to look into this issue for you and find a solution.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

@Jade wrote:

Hi, Erik.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

@Jade wrote:

Hi, Erik.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

@Jade wrote:

Hi, Erik.

Sincerely,

Jade | Social Care

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
38 7 12

Hi, Armand!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your stores but I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. In order to properly investigate the issue, however, I will need to verify your ownership of the store in question. I've sent you an email with the subject line "[Shopify Ecommerce Forum] RE: My shop shut down 'this store is not available'" with further information. If you could please reply to this email at your earliest convenience, we'll be able to continue on to the next steps.

Thank you! 

Anders | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

the same thing just happened to me without any further notice. I sent emails to Shopify support since yesterday early and till now more than 24 hours with no response at all.

I just decide to start this business using Shopify but such issue let me wonder about the future. client business should be taken respectfully at least by responding to the complaints  

1 Like
2 0 0
Hi Shopify!

I have the same issue. After a week. I spent considerable bit of money getting the website to look amazing and I have seen others with a similar set up.

Why have we been singled out. I haven’t been given a reasonable answer.
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 5

Hi Jade,

Please Help me I am in the same exact issue, I'm a real person with a real business and real products and a real bank account and Shopify is treating me like a spam bot...

I have been told by three different CS reps that i've done everything correctly and everything will be fine...I am sure that this is a mistake and I fine being patient, but if you look at my ticket IDs and transcripts I am sure you'll be able to see why i'm so upset right now. 

Please help

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 5

Hi Anders,

I have the same exact issue, I'm a real person with a real business and real products and a real bank account and Shopify is treating me like a SPAM bot...

I have been told by three different CS reps that i've done everything correctly and everything will be fine...I am sure that this is a mistake and I fine being patient, but if you look at my ticket IDs and transcripts I am sure you'll be able to see why i'm so upset right now. 

Please help,

Chris

2 Likes
1 0 1

same thing happen with my shop.  shut down no explanation.  I have tried shopify a few times and this was the first time I have actually had my own physical product and really got a chance to test the site.  I was doing my own testing from beginning to end using my own information and then just a shut down.  I think this is wrong.  just wrong.  you should at least tell people instead you say use another platform.  Yes you have great success but treating people this way is wrong but who cares because you have other customers right??  So my business don't matter.  You are wrong and certainly do not operate with integrity when it comes to closing stores. 

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 5

THANK!

YOU!

I'm back here posting on this thread because I have been shut down a second time.

I wish a support person would say "look, all of you idiots are making the same X mistake..." just don't do that anymore and you'll be fine.

Hope everything gets worked out for you,

I'll do my best to update this thread if I receive new info

2 Likes