My shopify stores got HACKED.

Highlighted
3 0 0

Both my shopify sites got hacked. I dont know how they accessed. I have two-factor authentication. Is there a way to retrieve?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
654 35 105

Hi, @hh11.

Tira here, from Shopify Support. 

I'm sorry to hear that. We take the security of your store very seriously and I want you to know that I'm here to help. Are you able to login to your store? If not, do you receive an error message when you try to login?

If you're looking to login with two-step authentication. You can check out our help doc for these steps: Logging in with two-step authentication. With two-factor authentication, you will need to login to your store with your password, and then enter a code that is sent through the mobile app, an SMS text message, security key or biometric sensors. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I already have two-factor authentication and a new password. Still they managed to enter and delete my stores completely. Do you have a backup on your servers?

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I already have two-factor authentication and a new password. Still they managed to enter and delete my stores completely. Do you have a backup on your servers?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
654 35 105

Thank you for getting back to me, @hh11.

It sounds like you're unable to login to your account. I'd like to ask some questions to help troubleshoot this together.

Are you able to access your storefront? What is your myshopify.com URL? 

Could you confirm what data was removed on your store? 

Once I hear from you I can provide you with guidance and next steps. 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, my shopify got hacked as well and i did not even start yet. I just started importing products from Oberlo and Ali babaI.Iasked my friends and my family members to subscribe to my website and the first person i asked sent me a picture he took of the message he received on messenger, stating.  "This is the message i'm getting: This server could not prove that it is www.epurshase.com; it's security certificate is from*.wpengines.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.purshase.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards}. I don't know what to do... I payed a developer from Shopify 750.00 dollars and still owe him another $ 750.00. for the website he put together for me. I put this business together for my daughters which one of them is paralyzed from chest down. I feel you and i really know how you feel. It's the worst feeling in the world. Is there any help out there?

0 Likes