My site crashed again, for 3 or 4th time in 2 weeks or less

askingforhelp
8 0 0

I know there was a major internet outage the other day. However, my site just crashed again, and I am struggling login. This is happening too many times with Shopify, and I am getting frustrated.

I have invested time and money into creating this new store. Can the shopify team let us know what's going on and how long it will take to fix?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2543 327 518

@askingforhelp 

Thank you for flagging this. At the moment, some merchants and customers are experiencing issues accessing the storefront, admin, and POS. Our developers are currently investigating the issue and will update our status page with further information as it becomes available. At this time, we do not have an ETA on when this will be fixed, but rest assured we have all hands on deck working towards a solution. 

I apologize for the inconvenience, but I do greatly appreciate your patience while we work to get our systems back online. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
JohnRobertson
Tourist
9 0 1

I have just lost the link to my facebook page and settings window is grey?

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2543 327 518

@JohnRobertson 

If you are experiencing those issues within your Shopify admin, then it is likely connected to our current outage. You'll want to keep an eye on our Status Page for further information. If these issues are happening outside of Shopify, then you can try clearing your cache/cookies, trying a different browser, or reaching out to Facebook Support for further assistance. 

0 Likes
askingforhelp
8 0 0

Thank you. I appreciate the quick reply. However, I joined Shopify about 2 weeks ago. In that time I have spent about $200 and my shop is not fully open to customers yet. But I can remember at least 3/4 occasions when I couldn't access the website in the last 12 days. That's too many incidents. If this happens regularly it would effect my work.or business in a big way. I am assuming it's not normally like this, and I have joined shopify at a time when its going through a lot of tech problems. I want to know whats being done to fix this so that it doesn't happen again and again.

Btw, I used to work in DR and business continuity, so I have tried to be understanding, and I didn't complain when it happened the first 2 times.

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2543 327 518

@askingforhelp 

I can fully appreciate why the recent outages may be a deterrent but can assure you this is not a regular occurrence. Shopify aims for 99% uptime, which is something we do achieve, however; like any online service, there is bound to be unexpected outages that may result in downtime for our merchants. 

Proper steps are taken to ensure we mitigate the chances of an outage from occurring. Should an outage impact our merchants, our teams will do everything they can to lessen the impact the outage has. We will always keep our merchants in the loop when an outage is occurring through our status page which provides updates as soon as they become available. 

0 Likes
askingforhelp
8 0 0

Thank you.

0 Likes
JohnRobertson
Tourist
9 0 1

Is the system still down?

0 Likes
askingforhelp
8 0 0

Hi John, I have just logged back in. I don't know when it came back up because I went out for a walk because I couldn't work on the site. But it looks like its back to normal, at least for me. Thanks.

0 Likes
JohnRobertson
Tourist
9 0 1

Has anyone else lost the Facebook link to their Shopify store?

0 Likes