My store got closed after adding my Billing Information

AzTape
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi everyone!

I was editing my Shopify store and wrapping up. Later on, I needed to choose a plan to go live. After I added my billing information, my store got closed. I have spent a very long time designing that website. I contacted support and told me that they will get back to me with Shopify technical support. However, it has been almost 12 days since I did not get any update from them. I made a couple of research on the internet and I saw that this frequently happens due to credit card verification. If it is the reason, why they don't inform or asks us to provide documnets? What is the reason behind dis irresponsibility? Please, any body from this stuff. Contact me and I am ready for any kind of verification. I have to run my store immediately as my clients are expecting orders. 

Reply 1 (1)

Ted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1255 115 137

Hi @AzTape,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for posting your query in our Forum Community! 

Sometimes when merchants select a plan, Shopify's system will close the store so that it can be manually reviewed by our Risk Department. This only occurs for new accounts created just so we can verify the account for security reasons. As you mentioned you can no longer access the admin as well, I do believe this is the issue but I have emailed you privately so I can help authenticate the account and take a closer look. Please note that if the account is under review with our Risk team, then it will take a few business days for them to complete the review. They will get back to you as soon as possible once the review is completed. 

For anyone else reading this, please contact our support here (Support > Contact Support in the main menu) for immediate assistance. 

Many thanks, 

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog