My store has the wrong email adress and i can't access to my account

ShopMetalHeart
Visitor
3 0 0

The weirdest thing happened to my store. My store has the wrong email adress and i can't access to my account. I edited the whole site, bought templates and even attach my PayPal account to it but the mail that is attached to the store account is not mine. Maybe i did a mistake but what seems weirder is that i couldn't have possibly click to the confirmation email because i don't owe that email account.

Help! What should i do?

Replies 5 (5)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Hey, @ShopMetalHeart!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I understand you're unable to log into your Shopify account, and believe it's because the email address on file was entered incorrectly. I've definitely seen cases like this in the past where the email address was entered with a typing error, causing the account owners log in to be associated with an incorrect email address. One thing that stands out to me in your post however is that you stated you received confirmation emails to your correct email address. This tells me that the correct email may actually be on file, and perhaps there was an issue when attempting to log in. 

When you try to log in at this time, are you receiving an error message of any kind? If so, could you please reply back here and share a screenshot of this error message so I can take a closer look? 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ShopMetalHeart
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks for replying!
I did not get the confirmation emails. The other email owner must have done the confirmation because i did not. When i try to log in, this shows

Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 10.33.40.png

 I'm guessing the other email account owner reported the site or something.

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Thank you for getting back to me with that screenshot.

Based on that screenshot, it appears that the issue with logging in is not due to an incorrect email on file, but rather due to the admin for the account in question being locked. In order for our team to look into this closer with you, we need to first authenticate you on the account which cannot be done on our forums. In cases like this, the best course of action will be to contact our support team through this link to our Help Center. Once in touch with our support team, please inform them that you're unable to log into your account and share the same screenshot you shared with me. Once you're authenticated on the account our team will be able to provide further assistance with re-gaining you access. 

For anyone else experiencing a similar issue logging into your Shopify account, contacting our support team via chat, phone or email will be the most efficient way to get support. Please head over to this page in our Help Center to start a support ticket so we can further assist. 

ShopMetalHeart
Visitor
3 0 0

I'm sorry but that isn't the situation. I had to open this account so i would be able to post in the forums. The email which my store is attached to is metalheart@gmail.com and my email account is shopmetalheart@gmail.com .
I already contact the owner of metalheart@gmail.com and she already wrote Shopify center trying to change the email form the store from hers to mine. Still no answer. I think that is the reason the account is locked.

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 161

Thank you for getting back to me with the full scope of the issue. 

It's good that the person with the email address currently on file as the Account Owner has already reached out to our team, but I still recommend you reach out to our support team and open an email ticket via our Help Center. This way our team will have a direct point of contact with you, where we'll be able to authenticate you on the account in question and help update the information required for you to re-gain access to your account. 

Thank you, and I hope to see this all sorted out shortly for you.