My store is unavailable after changing credit card

Avantist
5 0 0

Hi there

My store has been made unavailable after I edited my credit card. There is no explanation for this, though a short look through these help topics shows this is a common occurrence requiring the intervention of your support team. I have raised a ticket as follows:

Can you please escalate this ticket as I have limited windows in which to work on this. A delay of several days for something that I'm sure is very trivial would be very frustrating, especially after you had no problem taking payment from me already for a domain. I am ready to assist with any queries or issues you have over my account.

Regards,

Avantist

Replies 11 (11)

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @Avantist!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I'm sorry to hear of the issue you're having logging into your account. The fact that this occurred after entering billing information suggests there may have been an issue with the shops billing, but without taking a closer look it's impossible to know exactly what's going on. Thank you for submitting a support ticket, and letting me know the ticket number here. Since we will need to look into your account closer to determine what's going on, communicating through an authenticated email address will be the most efficient way to get this matter further investigated. 

I won't be able to share any information about the investigation here, but I will add a note to your open ticket and assign it to our appropriate team for review. As soon as our team has reviewed your shop and determined what's going on, we'll follow up with you via email with an update.

I hope to see this all sorted out shortly! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Avantist
5 0 0
Hi Ash E,
  It has been 72 hours but I have yet to hear anything back from Shopify regarding my account being disabled? Could you possibly expedite the process?
This is really urgent as I have already prepared an ad campaign to run for Father’s Day but because my Shopify store got deactivated over the changing of credit card details it really frustrates me.

Hopefully you can get back to me as soon as possible. Thanks in advance!

Kindest regards,
Avantist
Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hi, @Avantist!

Ash here again.

Our return time for escalated tickets has been slightly longer lately due to the increase in support volume we've been experiencing. I assure you however that your ticket is assigned to the appropriate team to complete a review and provide some further details. While I can't make any guarantees regarding a timeframe on a response, I've added a note to your ticket to express the urgency in this matter, and our escalated team will be able to see this. 

I'm hoping to see a resolution shortly for you, and as soon as our team has an update, you will receive that via email. 

Avantist
5 0 0

Hi,

I just hope that Shopify can be honest with the time frame they require to review...I have been planning this Father's Day Ad campaign for a month or so already but because my store has been disabled due to a change in payment method, my entire team effort just went down the drain literally..............

Surely for an e-commerce platform that is so recognised, you would understand how fast-paced this e-commerce space is, every single minute counts, and every day my account is disabled means losing out on several potential offers.....

I sincerely hope for a fast resolution and an accurate estimatetion of the time frame.

To not be able to provide with an accurate estimation of the time frame, it is really hard for merchants like myself to place their faith in your e-commerce platform. I seek your kind understanding on the above matter...........

Hopefully the back-and-forth communication will not run into weeks or months......

Cordially,

Andrew

Avantist
5 0 0

Hi,

It has been a week...way over the 48-72hours time frame you mention.

Can I check on the progress of my review? Please get back to me as soon as possible.....

Avantist
5 0 0

Hi Ash,

Will I be hearing back from Shopify Risk Team soon? 
  It has been more than a week, despite several pleas to expedite the process. 

My ticket number is 17946260.

Please get back to me soon!

Ash
Shopify Staff (Retired)
764 88 160

Hey, @Avantist!

Looking into the ticket, it appears that a reply was sent out to you yesterday. You should be able to see that in your email inbox at this time. As I mentioned in a previous reply, I'm unable to discuss the contents of that email here, so I encourage you to reply back directly to that email with any further questions you may have. Best regards!

hugen0
Visitor
2 0 1

Hello,

I am facing the same solution, Did you ever get a solution for this? @Avantist!
This is really frustrating as I run a store for a brand, actually multiple stores. As soon as I changed the card in the billing it just deactivated my store. The ticket number is 22773568 and I don't even know how and who to contact for this. If this is going to take more than few hours then I'll just stop using and promoting Shopify and this is a small matter and a common occorance as far as I have seen in the forums.

krbappy
Visitor
2 0 0

@hugen0 is your problem is solved? If solved how much time need to back your store?

hugen0
Visitor
2 0 1

I actually called on the support number from the partner account and that expedited my problem. It actually caused lost in lots of sales, 4 days of sales. The problem was with my credit card, the safest way is to start a test store and use the card you'd want to use for your live store. if that store is working even after 2-3 days then you can use that card on the live store. According to the finance team of shopify the card didn't go through the complience and had some problems.

somethingY
6 0 0

Does your store reopen?