My website is slow.Please help

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello All,

I am still building my website but when I check it, it seems very slow especially when try to load collections and products.

I have optimized most of my product pictures but as I said it still building it. There are some things i still need to add.

Could you please help me. I appreciate it a lot!

www.mypetsgate.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
73 7 13

Hey there, @tony85!

Thanks for reaching out today. Ensuring your website loads fast is very important for the success of your online business. A website that takes too long for users to load will often result in people leaving early, without giving you a real chance to show them how great your store is!

I ran a brief website speed test from GTMetrix and here is what I found:

• Your total page size is 2.48MB - Pretty good! Try to bring this number below 2MB. Here are a couple suggestions:
    • Avoid using multi-image sliders. Although they are often a popular option, they greatly contribute to slow page load speeds. You are much better off having one reasonably sized image that showcases your weekly/monthly deal. 
    • Keep all your images under 80KB in file size. You can use that image compression app to do this.
  • Your website has quite a few requests (134). Having too many apps can be a culprit. Whenever you install an app, you are typically injecting some form of code into your website, in a lot of cases this will be javascript. Here are some of my recommendations:
    • My general rule of thumb would be to never have two apps that can do the same thing
    • For example, if you have SEO apps to optimize your website, stick to one of them. Do you have several upsell/popup apps? Stick to one or two that you plan on using. All of the rest can be deleted from your store! If you aren't quite sure how to delete an app you can follow this guide.

Let me know if this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi

Thanks for the descriptive answer!

I have deleted apps but still, see their codes in my them editor. Will just deleting the apps work or I need to touch their codes too?

I was wondering about the  Leverage Browser Caching being so low. what can I do about it?

Leverage browser caching
F (38)

Also, Minify Javascript is low. what can I do for that too?

Minify JavaScript
F (45)

Last, minimize redirects are low. Is there anything else I can do for that too?

Minimize redirects
D (60)

Thanks very much!

0 Likes
Tourist
33 3 2

Hi, maybe your web hosting is not good. I think you should check it and improve your web hosting plan if it's the reason for slow loading.

Avada is an e-commerce solution provider based in the heart of Vietnam where the best developers unite. Founded in 2017 by Mageplaza, Avada is responsible to complete the mission to help 1 million online businesses grow revenues.
0 Likes