NEED HELP!

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0
I’m editing my online store in my iPhone and I got a notification that said replace window.location.href = with window.top.location.href = and I don’t know how to do that or where to even look! Please help I was planning on launching my site tomorrow.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
415 55 76

Hi, @glossybyjae1,

Hank here from Shopify.

That can be down to a couple of different things, but without your store URL, I am unable to give you specific information with this, but I will give some general advice that should hopefully assist you further.

The most common cause for this is that you are still on a trial plan, so the checkout is disabled, and that would be why that error message exists. Selecting a paid plan would remove this message.

Another common cause is to do with your browser's cache. So I would recommend trying incognito mode  and if it works in this, then I would advise on clearing your cache.

If however, you are still noticing the issue, depending on your theme it will be located within the code (Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit code > Assets > theme.js liquid). Using the search function will allow you to locate the code itself that you need to change. I would advise creating a duplicate of your theme before editing the code itself.

Is it happening on any other device, or just specifically on your iPhone?

Let me know how you get on with the above suggestions, or if you have any further questions for me!

All the best,

Hank.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Hank,

I read all your advices but it is still not working on my store.

I still have the issue :

"Il semble que cette page redirige vers une page qui n'est pas compatible avec cet éditeur. Pour vous assurer que votre redirection n'interfère pas avec l'édition, remplacez window.location.href = par window.top.location.href = dans le code JavaScript de votre thème à ici."

I can not find where window.location.href = is located. I tried as you wrote (Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit code > Assets > theme.js).

But when I'm on theme.js and type window.location.href =, nothing appear.

Do you know what can I do to solve this problem ?

Best regards,

TwixMan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
415 55 76

Hi, @TwixMan! Can you share your store URL so I can take a look at this on my end for you? 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Hank,

My store URL is https://miniatureland.fr

Thanks for the support.

TwixMan.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
415 55 76

Thank you for sharing your store URL!

However, I am not seeing that error message, can you link me to a page where the error exists? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
415 55 76

I tried to make an order on your website, and I was able to continue to the end (before confirming payment), and I did not see an error.

However, if the issue is with your payment provider you may be best reaching out to them about this, to see if there is an issue with the integration perhaps. Have you spoken with G2A Pay yet?

Or can you share a screenshot of the error and tell me the steps you are taking before you see this, as it is difficult to replicate it on my end.

I will happily try to assist you further with this, my friend.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Ok, when you click on confirming payment, you have this window.

Capture d’écran 2020-05-04 à 11.15.54.png

So Shopify advise me to change my code.

But I can not find where exactly in the Shopify code.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
415 55 76

This is an accepted solution.

Thank you for sharing that, that really helped me see this from your side!

I spoke with the technical team about this, and the issue is on G2A's side, so you would need to contact them about this.

The error you are seeing of " replace window.location.href = with window.top.location.href = in your theme's JavaScript code at here" is an expected error when browsing your website through the admin, or theme editor. But when I go to view it on my end, I see the below error, which indicates it is on G2A's end.

1054451205-05-04_10-58-55-

I have a link to their support section, which has some helpful suggestions and how to contact their team should you need to.

They will be able to advise of the error, but as I mentioned, the window reference is a known issue when you are logged in, so I would advise you to ask them about the fatal error received.

Best of luck with this, but they should be able to resolve this for you!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Okay thank you for your advice Hank !

I'm gonna do that.

TwixMan.

1 Like