NEED TO SPEAK WITH AN AGENT ASAP

SLB1
Tourist
8 0 0

As a new user of almost a year with building my shop with Shopify, it is sad to say that I am very displeased with how Shopify is handling issues/ concerns or help of business owners using Shopify. I received an email two weeks ago regarding that my payment account was on hold. The suggested that an item on my shop was against the terms and conditions of payment accounts. I removed all items regarding this, and “replied” back to the email as suggested and requesting help on to resolve the issue of the account payments on hold. It has been nearly two weeks and a half and have yet to hear back from anyone. I have sent two follow up emails, and still nothing. At the moment customers cannot buy anything from my site as there is a payment issue at checkout regarding the payment on hold. I have tried calling and no numbers are available as they changed their way of customer support. I understand this is because of the pandemic and less people in the call centre. However, if you’re going to change your help centre contact to email and search help engines, there should at least be quick reasonses or live agents online to assist with matters like this. We are in the middle of a pandemic, and at the moment I cannot generate revenue and sales through my site this causes so much stress and difficulties with income, as I work solely for my business. Very disappointed and unsatisfied with how shopify on how they are helping customers during these hard times. Can someone get back to me ASAP.

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 478

Hi, @SLB1

That definitely sounds like a frustrating situation to be in and I'm sorry that you've gone so long without a response from our teams. Based on the details, you are in contact with the correct team as our general support advisors do not have the proper access to help with the issue. However; it does seem unusual that your ticket has gone so long without a response if you have been assigned an agent to help get this addressed. 

Without looking at the account I can't give a definite answer; however, in most cases, a hold only interrupts the payouts while still allowing you to make sales. Though, there are some cases where the payment processor is disabled entirely. If that is the case, then I would highly recommend enabling an alternative payment provider such as Paypal to continue making sales if you're currently unable to use Shopify Payments while your account is reviewed. 

What I can do from here is verify your store via email so I can take a look into your ticket to see what I can find out for you. I have sent you an email titled "Shopify Forum Support" requesting further information. If you can reply to my email as soon as you're able then I can begin looking into the issue.

In the meantime, if you do need more immediate support, then I would recommend scheduling a callback or starting up a chat by logging in through our help centre here. Once you have logged in, you'll want to enter your question, scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Contact Support" - From here, you'll be able to select a support option to connect with our support teams. If you have any issues with these steps, then I would recommend clearing your browser's cache/cookies, trying a different browser, or trying Google Chrome Incognito mode. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
SLB1
Tourist
8 0 0

Hello Peter,

Thank you for your message, I've sent an email back to you. Also I have still yet to hear from Clive the agent dealing with my ticket number. Hoping someone can reach out to me to better assist me in resolving the issue with my Shopify shop account being on hold. 

Thanks

0 Likes
hmpbk
4 0 0

I just wanted to comment on this for anyone else who comes in the future to read this message.  I too am a new user and had two issues over two days to contact support over.  I have been extremely disappointed with the help.  I started with chat agents and both agents appeared to have no idea on either issue.  They attempted to guess.  One went so far as to discuss personal experiences and when I said while it's great to discuss personal experiences, her information on the issue was very unlikely (I am correct in that unfortunately.).  I said we needed to discuss facts for the support issue and not make guesses based on personal experiences.  The responses were very snarky and included a screenshot of my account and information which was pointless.  This agent said I was "entitled to my opinion" and it went very downhill fast from there.  Then refused further assistance altogether.  I requested to speak to someone by phone, ideally that person's manager as the behavior was so unprofessional.  I was declined and sent on a chase for how to get a support call that doesn't seem to exist.

I too want to speak to someone directly and via the phone but have found no way to do so.  I find the agents behaviors and professionalism lacking and this is not the kind of company I want to pay for a shop if I need assistance.  I am hoping that these are isolated issues but if you can't reach anyone by phone or have higher levels of support aside from agents who are not able to assist or only can guess, then I don't know how anyone goes forward.  

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 478

@hmpbk 

I am sorry to hear that you have had a poor experience while speaking with our Support teams. Our teams will try their best to answer questions as they come in; however, given the large knowledge spectrum of operating an online business, an agent may not have an immediate answer and will result in our support taking time to research your question(s) to provide an accurate answer. 

In the end, it doesn't sound like you were able to get an answer to help solve your issue. For that, I do apologize as I know that can be quite frustrating. While I can't look into your account from here, I would like to take this opportunity to offer my assistance with your issue. If you can provide as much detail as possible then I can review it and provide the next steps. 

In terms of speaking with someone over the phone, you can schedule a callback through our help centre if the volume permits. If you do not see the option, then you will want to try again later or use our live chat or email support options. We can absolutely look into your previous interactions to ensure proper coaching is provided if you're able to create a new support request. 

We strive to offer the best support we can. I am hopeful that these were isolated incidents and proper coaching can be provided to ensure that you and our other store owners can continue to receive the best possible support we can provide to help build you for success. 

If you have further feedback to provide, I'd be happy to ensure it is review. Otherwise, please do not hesitate to let me know how I can help resolve the issue(s) you're experiencing. 

0 Likes
hmpbk
4 0 0

@Peter let me promise you, neither agent I spoke with made any attempts to actually help.  It's a huge disappointment for me as a customer, I highly value good customer service and with only two experiences, both bad, it makes me wonder what kind of company has its reps do such a poor job and take no care in working to improve that or even contact the customer in question.  Honestly I did a better job at solving one of the issues myself with some google research.  It's unfortunate that the other issue is not something I have the access to correct and here I sit, 2 weeks later, zero follow up as promised.  Disappointing at the least.

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 478

@hmpbk 

I apologize that you've had a poor experience. It saddens me to know that our support was unable to provide the support you needed. What I can do from here is limited as I do not have access to your store; however, I can assure you that I've passed your email off to our Leadership to ensure proper coaching is provided on your previous interactions. 

While a review will be done, it will not prompt a follow-up/callback. If you do have an outstanding issue, then reaching out to our Support would be the best way to ensure your question(s) is reviewed. I would also be happy to help you here if you're able to provide more information on the issue(s) you're having. 

Melly1
1 0 0

Hi i start a shpify store at a 14 trial i wanna know if i can extant it for 90 day trial?

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 478

@Melly1 

Shopify does not offer a 90-day trial so it would not be possible to have a 14-day trial extended to 90 days. However; we're happy to extend your profile by 14 days if you need the additional time to design your store.